69|8 Letters

[Edgar's pov]

"Don't go, Ed."

My mouth was shut.

"Stay here. I need you."

I still couldn't speak a single word.

"I don't need anything else. You and you only."

I turned around and looked at Colette. Her teary eyes met my cold stare. I don't mean it, Cole...I want to say it so bad. I want to tell her how much I want her back. How much I want to tell her I...

Instead, a voice came out from my throat. My normal voice, was gone.

"Leave."

I don't fucking care where this voice is from, but I wanna kill myself right now.

She stopped. Her eyes turned into a deep hole. Her trembling voice changed. She turned almost...lifeless. "Okay..." she stared into my soul as she stepped back and back and back.

"Wait, I don't mean it!" I panicked. My voice was back again. Right now?

"Colette! It wasn't me!" I shouted, but she only smiled slightly.

"I got it...I know. You don't need me." She smiled at me like I was just one of the normal customers. "Goodbye, Edgar. Wish you all the best." She chuckled politely. Not a happy and genuine smile. Not a small pout wanting me to stay. Not blinking eyes to make me flattered. Just, a simple and polite smile.

"Fuck."

My eyes opened wide as I felt myself sweating. "Oh God...it's bad." I sighed as I sat up and felt a sudden headache. Horrible dream...

I leaned against the wall as I sat up in my bed. I rest my head and stared at the ceiling. Colette...

The most recent thing I got about Colette, was from the video.

The video.

I looked at my phone. It's 2:50 am. I didn't turn on the lights since I'm way too lazy for that. Unlocking the screen, I opened the contacting app and clicked into the messages from Emz. That video was there.

I clicked into it again, and listened as Colette's voice appeared. I put my phone right next to my ear and closed my eyes, focused. If I could imagine myself being there...

The 4 minutes were over so soon. I replayed it. Then replayed it again, and again, and again. Every single word she said, every single note she sang, every single emotion she showed. She was so alive and doing well. Me? I don't know. I felt like an absolute mess.

I still remember that coma and parasite thing... Gosh. The days were awful. The days when we didn't talk.

Deja vu?

The last time, it was Colette that stayed...

So, it's my turn?

I was very unsure about it, but I did it.

I clicked into Colette's contact.

C: [Message deleted.]

God...what did I miss out?

And that bridge that Colette sang, rang in my ears again... "Tell me that you're still mine. Tell me that we'll be just fine, even when I lose my mind. I need to say tell me that it's not my fault. Tell me that I'm all you want, even when I break your heart..."