74|Piece Of Land

[Edgar's pov]

Colette and I walked in the dark, hand in hand. The footsteps echoed.

"How long has it been?" Colette sighed.

I didn't speak for a moment. Instead, I closed my eyes. That's when a flush o breeze touched my face. I stopped to take a deep breath. It's more crisp than usual. Brightened suddenly covered me and my eyes were still shut tight.

As I opened my eyes again, the dazzling sunlight blurred our. It was in fact, a beautiful piece of land. Too beautiful to be true. The sky was in purple, blue, pink and yellow. The ground was surprisingly soft and nothing felt harmful.

Only a dream land.

The dream vanished.

Yeah, of course, just another dream...After that scarily painful realm, I couldn't really figure out if it's a dream or a fever dream. The challenge realm was way too realistic and I swore I paid way too much emotion into it, which was totally unnecessary. Not even getting the motivation to open my eyes, I just laid down in the whatever-this-place-is.

Wait. Where am I.

Does that mean I pass it? Or I fail it? Where am I?

Curious, I defeated myself at the end, and opened my eyes slowly. It's way easily for me to see than I expected. What...I looked around, I was in a room. A large bedroom, in fact. The walls were colored in beige and cerulean, brown as well. It was large enough to probably have a sleepover party for 10 people. The bed I was sleeping on, was undeniably soft and comfortable. The silky quilt made the bed look neat. Shit, am I stupid. On my left, laid another person. Well, she's alive. Thank God.

Colette was still deep asleep, probably having a good dream. She held the pillow tightly but ease was written all over her face. So, I guess it's a pass. Both of us. The genuine thought of that was enough to light me up. We did it, and I didn't know how. The blanket that was covering her slipped down to her waist and she curled up into a fetal position, so I gently pulled it up to her shoulder again to keep her warm.

So, where is this place...our realm...?

I didn't get the mood to stand up and explore. I just sat up and stayed in bed for a while, resting my head on the wall. All of the realm sounds like a dream now...a dream I never want to experience again. The next 10 minutes was complete tranquility.

[20 minutes later.]

To:
Edgar, Colette,
Congrats to the success of the realm!! Oh how proud I am to see you lovely youths doing well. I think it's better to let you two enjoy your own realm, so I'll just write this short letter to you.
The realm was challenging, indeed. I had replaced them so many times and still, never get over it. Both of you did a mind-blowing job and your minds, oh your minds, more untouchable than the mountain. Very good for you. I guess both of you learnt a lot and faced your biggest fears, right?
"Every choice you make leads to the next choice which leads to the next. There will be times in life when you need to stand up for yourself. Times when the right thing is to back down and apologize. Times when the right thing is to fight, times when the right thing is to turn and run. Times to hold on with all you have and times to let go with grace. Sometimes the right thing to do is to throw out the old schools of thought in the name of progress and reform. Sometimes the right thing to do is to listen to the wisdom of those who have come before us. How will you know what the right choice is in these crucial moments? You won't." Once a wise woman said.
It's unbelievable how various life is. It's all up to you. I'm feeling like an old lady that talks about cliche things now, (even though I really am) I'm just going to leave you with this:
The best part is never when you glow, it's when you grow.