20|Preparation

[Edgar's pov]

One week before the championship.

It's been a while since I hangout alone with Colette that night. Lately I've been focusing on the preparation for the championship. I had found Stu and Byron to be my teammates, and we trained together for almost a week now.

I left the gift shop after 6 pm, and went straight to Brawl Stars: Training Section. Since I focused on the preparation of the championship, I didn't really pay much attention to Colette. I didn't talk to her much and barely saw her, to be honest. She didn't argue though. She wouldn't stop and sat with me on the bench at lunch break anymore.

Just when I entered the room for training, Byron stood up and waved at me, and Stu was spinning crazily.

"So, any idea? What about I stand in the middle and you two be biding time for attack? It'll also be easier for me to heal." Byron said with a calm voice.

"G-Good-d ide-e-ea! E-Edgar-rr, w-wha-at abou-u-ut y-you?" Stu said with her usual broken voice.

"Um, then let's try." I said.

The next hours, Stu, Byron and I were in different modes and maps, trying to familiarize ourselves with most of the common maps that usually would be shown. Byron also had problem to walk fast or shoot fast. Stu couldn't dash far with his super. And I wasn't focused enough to dodge the bullets.

"Well, well, it's terrible, dude." Byron sighed as we took a rest and drank some water.

"S-sorr-rry! St-tuuu i-is t-i-ired-dddd." Stu's eye closed. He usually did that when he was really tired.

"Just take a break and we'll continue again after Stu wakes up." I stated, and checked if my nails got dirt on them.

"Uh, you sure, Edgar? You know, the passed week was not really good...what about we leave early today, and we'll plan again tomorrow?" Byron said sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Whatever." I stood up, and left the room instantly after Byron woke Stu up and forced him to walk.

They're not doing well. Shit. The championship will be a disaster if it keeps going in this way. I cursed lightly when I walked to the hall Brawl Stars Match. "What if I meet some better brawler here...? I'll regret choosing the broken robot and a snake oil seller." I sighed as I stepped onto the transporter and started a match.

Dang both my teammates are non-brawlers? And at the end we won the match. When it was overtime, my teammate kicked the ball to me after I killed Gale, and I kicked it hard right before the match ended. Yeah maybe it'll be like that too when the championship comes....so lame.

I lost the track of time after all those stupid matches. It was 12 am again. I sighed as I thought about how many bad sleeping days I've had. "I'll be leaving earlier next time..." I promised to myself again for the 17th time.

Getting back home, I simply changed my clothes and slept. It was a bad day, well, basically every single day.

[Colette's pov]

One week before the Christmas Eve.

I wore some red clothes recently as Christmas was coming! Christmas has been my favorite festival of all time! It's so fun to play with the snow or just walking down street with a hot cocoa in your hand while hanging out with your friends. Or go to Brawl Stars Match and spectate some Brawl TV with special decorations. Or just simply stay at home and listen to the kids outside cheering. Or throw a party and dance with your love ones.

Edgar didn't talk much to me recently. More like, we were both avoiding each other. I didn't know why I'm avoiding him. I felt wrong, but I didn't know what I can do. Edgar? He probably didn't like me so it's normal to distance me.