19|Shooting Stars

[Edgar's pov]

The weekdays were slow, but here I was, another Friday. I planned to play some more matches for training. I told Mortis I would join the championship. For Colette? Uh, I'll deal with that later. I wouldn't let a change to escape if I could win something from brawling.

Earphones with that same albums were a habit to me to waste time. When it was lunch time, Colette found me again. What's she up to again...She walked and sat next to me, with a nervous smile.

"Edgar, can you please stay until 9:30 pm tonight?" Colette asked hopefully.

"Why?" I kept chewing on my food.

"Well um...you've always been busy brawling. I wonder if you'll want a day off from that and just watch the firework show with me since it's a Friday." She said, and started eating her fries.

Does she really not know that important championship?

"Then go with Emz, if you want to watch the stupid show that bad." I rolled my eyes and kept on eating.

She stayed silent.

Shit did I make her sad?

"Umm...it's different." She answered after carefully thinking.

I didn't talk. What does that even mean...?

"Well, fine...I take that as a no.." Colette's voice didn't sound happy. She looked down and thought a bit. "Never mind, sorry for disturbing..." She quietly stood up and turned to leave.

I sighed, which made Colette turned to look at me curiously.

"Fine I'll go. But only this time." I muttered.

"Oh yes! Thank you Edgar! See ya!" Colette grinned and left.

After seeing her left, I finished up my lunch and walked back to the gift shop. Yeah Colette's right...I remember she said she would stay at night every Friday just to watch the firework show...but because of work or Brawl Stars, she didn't get the chance, not a single time.

Work time started again. A customer brought his daughter to the gift shop. Her eyes were sparkling and quickly rushed to the toy zone. She didn't pick up a single toy or ate the snack next to eat. Instead, she tapped the other boy who was observing a dog robot toy. They had similar age, probably 5 our 6. When the boy turned around and saw the girl, he smiled and hugged the girl deeply with a sweet smile. The parents also met, which were one woman and a man.

"Well, can you believe it if I say they like each other?" The son's father asked.

"Oh I'll gladly accept it if they're in love when they grow old!" The daughter's father answered.

They both laughed seeing the kids chitchatting about school, Starr Park and all the things.

Oh I only wish Colette could be like that little girl when she's around me...

Shut up.

I ignored them as some more customers came in and purchased the boring toys and the snacks I've never eaten.

After a while, no one was rushing to buy things and my eyes laid on the little kids again. The girl was playing with the boy's hair and burst into laughter, that I didn't understand. Kids. I sighed. Yet I couldn't take my eyes off them. They looked so warm and happy. The most innocent way. After a few more minutes, they left together and their fathers walking after them.

Time was going horribly. Super slow.

Met a few more Karens. The first one was an old lady who cannot stop yelling "I'm an old woman. Don't I deserve some discounts? I'm a old friend of the boss!". The second one was a young woman who kept eating the snacks and claimed that "the workers here said I can try them." The third one was a man who tried to fight me because I sighed when he told me to exchange 3 toys with only 1 ticket. The 3 case were all stupid. Starr Park has only opened for a few months and the boss is a penguin who couldn't talk. The only workers here were Colette and I. A ticket is only allowed to exchange one toy, and fighting can never solve problems, especially when facing me.