24|Beats For You

⚠️ WARNING! Slight blood scene is included.

[Edgar's pov]

The road was dark, and I was arrived at Colette's house. I knocked on the door, but not a single soul had responded. I knocked again, and again until my knuckles bled, and the door finally slowly opened.

It revealed Emz.

She was pale and her eyes were all red. I wouldn't know it's her if she didn't have that purple hair. She didn't speak, only turned to leave, leaving the door open.

I follow her, and then into a room.

I spotted her.

Colette.

She was smiling to a blue haired man, and hugged him tightly. I could hear her voice, no matter how small it was.

"I love you...Fang."

That man, just stood and hugged her tightly. Until Colette turned around, and her face changed completely.

"Oh you finally came, huh?" She said. Her voice was emotionless. Her eyes pouring hatred.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"You're so useless, Edgar. I really wish you'll come earlier. But now, see? We're never a thing. And I don't apologize for this." Then her giggles turned louder and more devilish.

"Please, stop!" I yelled, and covered my head, closing my eyes.

"YOU WON'T DO IT, EDGAR." The sweet Colette voice disappeared, and turned into a broken machine.

And I woke up.

I could feel my body sweating hard, harder than other times.

The thought of her hates me...the thought of her being with another man that's not me...the thought of her never turn back and won't even smile at me ever again...

I took a deep breath and looked at the time. 1 am...

Sighing, I played the music randomly, hoping it can help distracting me from all those thoughts.

🎵He said "Let's get out of this town
🎵Drive out of the city, away from the crowds."
🎵I thought, "Heaven can't help me now."

Wildest Dreams, by Taylor Swift.

🎵Nothing lasts forever.

I do wish something lasts forever.

I don't remember I think this way when I listened to it for the first time? What the hell is wrong with me?

🎵Say you'll remember me,
🎵Standin' in a nice dress

I pictured Colette in the nicest dress.

🎵Starin' at the sunset, babe.
🎵Red lips and rosy cheeks.

I pictured Colette smiling at me genuinely and purely, and her eyes all soft.

🎵Say you'll see me again
🎵Even if it's just in your
🎵Wildest dreams.

Colette, if you ever say this to me...Just know that you already appeared in my wildest nightmares.

🎵You'll see me in hindsight
🎵Tangled up with you all night
🎵Burnin' it down.
🎵Someday, when you leave me,
🎵I bet these memories
🎵Follow you around.

My mind was all about her when I listened to it. I never thought it could hold so much memories. I remember the first time Colette met me and tried to hug me. I remember her look when she won the Brawl Ball. I remember her broken look when I didn't show up on that Friday.