2|New Beginning

[Edgar's pov]

So, the interview started so sudden and I didn't prepare anything. I should've known it.

"Umm, er, my name is Edgar. I..like black and I like parkour and black stuffs. I..don't laugh much but I enjoy staying quite and cleaning up things. I'm not a social lover but I can bear the problems by my own and I barely disappoint others as they won't expect anything from me. shit what am I saying? Uh...I would love to learn more about kids, not really. And I would try my best to make Starr Park an even happier place. Screw it. Why am I even doing this? I sound like a kid introducing myself to the class. Um, that's all, I guess." I was sweating so hard in the inside. Glad I covered most of my body in black so that they won't see me heating up as hell. What if I don't get the job?

"Oh wow, well done Edgar!" Griff grinned, not a pleasant look. "So, there's a few more questions."

"Please go on," I said nervously, hoping the answers I speak later can help me getting the job.

"Firstly, how old are you?" Really? "Um, 19 today, and 18 yesterday." What if the birthday shit can help me?

"Wow, then, do you prefer working as a cashier, or more like the worker that puts stuff around?" Sounds lame both. But working on top of that robot's head will be pretty fun."The latter one. I've been doing that for past years."

"Great, last question, will you ever, betray us?" That's weird, but opening. "Well, I've been an orphan since forever. I have nowhere to go and I have nowhere to sleep and stay. How dare I betray this lovely, and...no sadness, such a beautiful place? The last sentence got me almost laughed. It's so stupid.

"Oh I'm so sorry, Edgar. So, we'll see you around tomorrow and you'll meet other staff!"

As I was going to leave, I turned around again, 'wait, what for?" Griff laughed and tilted his head. "Isn't it obvious? For work!" I was shocked, indeed, but I hide it, like how I hide it past all the years. "Am I...hired?" Griff let out another weird laughter. "Hahaha...you're so funny Edgar. I made it so clear and you look like a mess. Yes you're hired. Please be here again tomorrow eight."

I gave a polite handshake to him as thanking and I left the Starr Park. I made it. Weird.

__________The next day

Oh shit. It's 7:30 already? I ran to Starr Park while munching on my ham sandwich, almost choking myself. I can't be late, not on the first day...oh shit...5 more minutes...

And I ran and ran, and surprisingly I got there on time, sharp 8. Just looking like a mess. I took a deep breath and combed my hair a bit with my fingers, then I looked at myself through the reflection of a window to check if I look inappropriate. Then I took another deep breath, and walked in.

"Ah, there you are." Griff gave a handshake to me and I nonchalantly looked around. "Starr Park is going to officially start in a week and we're all preparing many things. Oh? But you can literally just walk in the park. "I'lol bring you to the gift shop you're working at. All you gotta do is to fill in the blanks with all the stuff in the boxes and maybe wave and smile when a customer walks in. There are labels so you won't mess up." We finally got into the gift shop. The main color was red and blue. There was many things I've never seen. Cactus sock, bear helmet, eagle helmet, blue skirts, star hats, balloons, robot-dog-water bottle, dynamites, broken guitar stickers and so much more weird things.

"So I guess you're clear about your job?" Griff asked and I nodded.I couldn't imagine living a life forever like this. It's going to make me the loneliest person in the earth with broken heart inside. "The other staff is coming. She'll bring you around the first shop a little more and the next whole week you'll start making things on right places. Once you're done, you can leave. Weekly salary will start from today. Start from next week, you'll need to be here from 8 am to 8 pm. 12 hours a day for weekly salary of 300. Not bad, I guess? So, I'll leave you here, since Colette has came. Bye!" Griff said everything then left me hanging here.