40|One Of Those

[Edgar's pov]

It's March 12, a week before Spring comes. Well, a week and a night.

Colette had been...overworking, again. For her sake, I chose to stay with her most of the nights to make sure she at least had a few hours of sleep. Today? It was just one of those drained nights.

"Please for the love of scarf, try to drink the Butterfly Juice? It really isn't that bad!" Colette grinned at me as she swallowed some more energy drinks.

Colette has really gone a bit far, huh...

"Colette, you've finished like 3 of the drinks already...just get this work done and go back home?" I asked wearily, and yawned for the God-knows-how-many-times.

"To be honest, Caterpillar Juice isn't really as good as the Butterfly ones. But they're fine too. I guess it won't be a huge problem for us to sale them out?" She continued thinking on the drinks and her head swaying with music.

"Geez, just let it end quickly...." I murmured under my scarf. I looked at Colette again and pointed to the sketches that she made. "What about putting this whatever plant it is, to the right? I mean, I guess it'll look better if it's in order of the sizes?"

"Oh do you want to try that? I just found a Ladybug Lollipop that contains a whole dried insect inside the lollipop! What about trying some?" Colette looked at her phone and smiled.

"Whatever...." I sighed. I grabbed a pencil and eraser from the desk, erasing the order that Colette made, and replaced them with number which was representing different kinds of plants.

"Hey whadda you doing!" Colette pouted and grabbed my wrist, putting it into the air. "I've spent so much time on sketching!" She looked down and loosened her hand that was still grabbing my wrist.

I groaned lightly, "You aren't even listening...are you? I told you to finish the work quickly and we can have a rest...and you're still talking about the snacks and drinks and all of that!" For the love of God, I hadn't been having a proper sleep for 2 weeks...

"Fine...just leave me here...I'll get it done myself." Her voice was blank, and she didn't look up either.

"Yeah, whatever..." I rolled my eyes in absolute annoyance and took out my phone instead.

Colette moved the draft to her side and started drawing on it all by herself in silence. The only sound I could hear was the pencil and the music.

Hmm...Bad Randoms tour? Yeah whatever. A shitty news about the superstar Lola? Fuck that. Rumors of Emz working on a new hairspray? Yeah I'm pretty sure. New perfume from Poco called "For My Undying Love" and gets all the bad feedback? Hell no.

Starr park worker, Colette seemed to have a romance with her emo worker, Edgar? Are they dating?

Um, well. What the fuck. I don't know either.

I heard some tissue sound.

Probably just Colette crumbled another paper...right?

And then there were some very very muffle sound of sobbing.

Hell no...

I turned to look at Colette, whose back was facing me. Her head was down.

"Uhh...Colette?" I said in a small voice.

"I'm fine." She stated, but clearly her voice was trembling.

I sighed, knowing exactly what happened again. I stood up from the chair and got closer to Colette. Then I hugged her from the back, holding her tightly. Her sobbing got harder.