31|February

[Edgar's pov]

A couple of weeks passed. It's early February.

It was a Tuesday, and outside's temperature has been fickle. Yesterday was freezing and today was warm. I woke up quite early and had a simple breakfast before heading to the gift shop.

Arriving at the gift shop, it was 7:30. I had 30 minutes before the gift shop would be opened. I stocked more stuff and cleaned up the floor, with my earphone on and playing music. After throwing away all the rubbish and broken toys, the shop looked fresh again and I took a short rest. Colette, just like always, hadn't came yet. Absentmindedly, I thought of that day...

[Flashback.]

I moved slowly on the grass, and got up, shaking my head. The air was cold.

"Hey Ed." Colette smiled at me as I looked at her. She looked a bit sleepy but she still sat up with a yawn. "Seems like we fell asleep, huh?" She chuckled. "We should get up! It's a Monday and I have no idea about the tiiiiiime!" She stood up, and couldn't help but shivered from the coldness.

I reluctantly stood up as well, and pulled the coat on Colette. I grabbed her blanket and walked her home.

"Gosh, it scares the freak outta me! Don't go outside at midnight alone, Colette!" Emz sighed as we walked into the house. "It's 7 in the morning. Get ready for work, both of you." She demanded.

Yesterday....did I really do it?

I really kissed her?

I did...I could never forget the moment.

Lost in thoughts, I was called by Colette.

"Edgar! Time is running out and we shall ruuuuun!" Colette said, and quickly grabbed a coat and put on her shoes.

"K, we'll be on time. Don't rush." I said and stood up from the chair, preparing to leave for work.

[Flashback ended.]

"Edgaaaaaar!"

I jumped and quickly got down from the counter. Colette was breathing heavily as she rushed into the gift shop.

"Uh, alright?" I murmured as she caught her breath and put away her heavy coat.

Then, Colette happily smiled at me and started working. "There are 2 big projects for the upcoming month! Griff told me to tell you about it." She said, and her breath slowed down. "He just told me, we gotta get ready for Valentines' Day! Oh the day for looooovers! I bet Piper and Rico will go together! It's less than 2 weeks before it happens and Griff told me to decorate the gift shop and give some ideas for the whole theme!"

Valentines' Day?

"And the other project?" I asked, leaning on the counter.

"Oh the welcome of Spring! Recently Rosa and Bea had been observing a new kind of flowers that will bloom on exactly the date when Spring begins! Griff found it pretty interesting and it can also be the start of the blossom season, so there will be a new zone! It will be added near to Castle Of Cactus and not gonna lie I NEED to go to there one day!" She grinned so hard that I thought her jaw was gonna break.

"Uh, so what are we gonna do with that?" I asked, still confused about the sudden news.

"Well, I don't have any plans either. I guess we gotta start with the valentines one since it's happening so soon. I guess we shall order some balloons and purchase some valentines cards? The theme is gonna be pink and bubbly!" She smiled excitedly. Pink and bubbly...