34|Butterflies

[Edgar's pov]

The alarm clock woke me up just on time. The sky still dark.

I reluctantly sat up from my bed and looked at the wooden box placing on the table. Today was the 14 of February. The day when I would give one of the necklaces to Colette.

The thought made me awake. I got away from my bed and cleaned up quickly. Eating eggs and bacon, I looked at my phone to see if I've missed any texts. And yes I did.

Emz: TMR THE HELLA BIG DAY PLZ TELL ME YOU'VE PREPARED!
Emz: HEY ARE U HEREEEE
Emz: COLETTE IS SCREAMING SHE'S SO EXCITED FOR TMR
Emz: wait r u asleep already
Emz: nvm plz remember to bring ur gift and wear the best don't u DARE disappoint her >:(
[today, 2:23 am.]

Well was I supposed to stay up u til 3 am?

I sighed and closed my phone, eating silently. I've bought a Valentines card and written some cliche cheesy things down and put it next to the wooden box. It was absolutely cringe no matter how many times I read it, but I guess it'll be something that's "sweet" to Colette.

Finished eating, I washed the dishes in the sink and got ready for work. I packed my normal things in my back pack, like earphones, wallet, tissues, nail polish, water bottle, a jacket and so on. Then I took the wooden box, and put it carefully at the inner side of my back pack, so that I could make sure it wouldn't get a single damage.

After packing, it was only 7 am, but I still wore my shoes and left the house. I walked down the road, and realized many shops were preparing to open already. Ah, Valentines Day. Of course everyone is productive. Some young boys already headed to the shops to buy flowers and cards. Some richer boys went to buy jewelry or something expensive. All of their faces were filled with excitement, and some kind of shyness. I slightly shook my head from letting myself feel the same way, and kept walking to Starr Park.

When I got to the gift shop, it was only 7:20 am, and I got 40 minutes before the work started. Pretty glad Colette wasn't sleeping here. I had successfully convinced her to go back home early. There were 2 boxes at the door of the gift shop, and I opened it up, revealing some more balloons and decorations. I took a look at them, and they were all colored nicely, but lack of quality.

Sighing, I bet Colette bought them without checking the quality again. I put back the boxes, and started cleaning the shop again. There was quite a lot of dirt and I had no idea why.

10 minutes passed, and the gift shop was opened suddenly.

"I'm eaaaaaaaarly!"

Colette yelled as she slammed the door behind her with an excited face.

I jumped by the sudden loudness, but soon got fine with it. "Colette, what did you buy again?" I asked as she looked into the box.

"I'm gonna sell the balloons today! They'll be hanging everywhere at Starr Park and maybe even on roller coasters! Who knows? I'm so excited to see couples walking sweetly down the road today. It always melts my heart." Colette smiled.

"Hm. Any special in the shop today or any immediate changes?" I questioned as she walked to the counter and grabbed my phone, trying to unlock it.

"Actually yes. When's your birthday?" She suddenly asked.

"Uh, 4 of September, why?" I frowned, not knowing what Colette was trying to do. Suddenly, she grinned at my phone and I knew it immediately. That's my password. I'm so dumb, shit.

"Wait, what're you doing with my phone?" I sighed, as I walked to the counter to see what Colette was typing. She quickly covered the screen and put a finger on her mouth. "Secret!"