36|A Thing

[Edgar's pov]

"Okay, everyone! They are taking us to SnowTel to have party overnight!" Griff said as he held a wireless microphone.

Everyone started getting into the minibuses. There were so many workers, including the other shopkeepers, some managers, workers of the games, and so on. Each buses could fit in 10 people and the queue to get into the minibus was long.

"I can't wait!" Colette screamed in a small voice, filling with excitement. It was noisy as everyone was chatting about the party.

The time between the flames tricks and leaving from Starr Park was being wasted. Colette and I drank something and just sat on the bench while looking at the sky. It was nice, but maybe I could've given the gifts to her instead of feeling so damn right now.

After a while, it's finally our turn to get onto the minibus. We luckily were the last 2 of that bus and the driver started diving immediately once I got on. The door of the minibus closed when it was already driving. I wonder how bad the days the driver was having.

"The driver really drives at the max speed." Colette whispered to me as the minibus flew from road to road, almost flew. I nodded and sighed quietly.

It was a dreadful drive as everyone was a little tensed up by the speed. It felt like we would have a car crash at any second but somehow we didn't. Probably because of the whole case, no one really dared to speak up and chat casually. They all whispered in a low voice, scared to disturb the driver.

30 minutes passed and we finally got out of the minibus. Right after the last worker got off, the bus drove away immediately. It was almost 11 pm already.

Griff came out of SnowTel and waved at us, another group of people from Starr Park.

"Hello everyone! You're second least group and now let's get into the hotel! I'll show you around a bit, then all of you can enjoy your time or join the party!" He said with an energetic voice.

Following his lead, 10 of us got into SnowTel, which looked like it was still winter. I mean, yes it was winter, but the hotel was covered with snow and decorated with fake ice as if we were at somewhere near The Arctic.

As we entered in the hall, some a few of us gasped at the complicated building. There were paintings in golden frame hanging on the walls. The main theme was yellow and golden color, giving it a palace feeling.

Griff causally walked to the elevator and motioned all 10 of us to get inside. He then took 5 keys from his pocket.

"So, it's Valentines Day. That's why every 2 of you will share a room. Don't give me that face! I don't want it either." Griff explained. "So get yourself ready and find a partner for tonight."

8 of us sighed. Only Colette and I glanced at each other and noticed that we would probably share a room.

"So?" Griff questioned as the other 8 people found their best friend to share a room.

"Um..are we gonna...?" Colette stuttered and her face had a flash of red.

"Uhh...sure, I guess." I tried my best to hide my blush.

Just then, the door of the elevator opened, and all of us got out of it. "The 5 rooms are there and you may find yours right now with the key." Griff grinned.