23|Absent

[Edgar's pov]

Wednesday woke up with a headache. Fantastic.

Yesterday night, I ended up scrolling through my phone for hours until I felt my eyes were burning, so yeah I deserved the headache.

I was still feeling a mess after brushing my teeth, so I splashed some cold water which immediately brought me back to life. January wouldn't be far. I sighed as I finished my breakfast and packed my backpack to head to Starr Park.

What am I going to do with her now...

The thoughts and everything from yesterday were crawling on my body. The night was painful and filled with nightmares of the past.

Absentmindedly, I unlocked the gift shop, only seeing Griff sitting on the counter, frowning deeply. Isn't he always busy? I walked up and to him and he instantly greeted me.

"Hey Edgar."

"Why are you here?" I doubted.

Griff jumped off the counter and looked at me deeply.

"Well I should be the one asking you. Colette would be absent." Griff said.

"And?" I I raised an eyebrow, not sure what he was trying to say.

"She will be absent for A WHOLE WEEK!" Griff's voice gone larger.

A week?

"But what does it have to do with me?" I asked, fulling and genuinely confused.

"Oh she stated that she doesn't want to see a 'specific worker". Griff said, disappointed. "You are the only one works with her."

Oh shit.

"Ha, very funny Griff. Colette will never be absent for a whole damn hour. A week? Psss." I said, disbelief.

"Edgar, I'm dead serious. I don't what're you two up to, and I prefer not to know. But this is definitely not something bearable for her, Edgar. I'm not joking." Griff warned, and left the shop.

Then it was me that sat on the counter, thinking, until it was almost the time to open the shop. I quickly got ready.

I leaned on the counter and sighed. Maybe I was way too much yesterday...

Anyway, the work started. The first 5 minutes was already dreadful as hell. I could hear people whispering things like "Have you heard of that sweet lady?" "I used to chat with her a lot!" "Oh God I hope she's fine."

After some more minutes, a customer walked towards me with a full bag of things she was buying. While I was doing my stupid cashier job, she asked, "Have you heard of that white haired lady? She's such a sweetheart! I remember he name is something like collection..."

"Colette." I didn't glanced once but I knew she was talking about her.

"Oh yes, dear Colette. She's always so energetic and kind. I wish she'll be back soon." The customer said. Her voice sounded a bit serious, but with a kind and gentle voice.

I didn't reply and quietly ended this conversation.

"Total of 130.89. Thanks."

The hours were awfully long. I almost wanted to just quit the job for today. Well I still made it. Lunch break.

Closing the shop, I didn't go out for lunch. I simply locked the door and stayed in the shop, deeply sighed. I took out my lunch box from my backpack, and put it on the counter. Then I jumped and sat on the counter, and staring at my potatoes.

No thanks.

After around 10 minutes, I decided I really didn't have the wanting to eat, so I simply put my lunchbox into my bag and just drank some water instead.