79| Blueberries II

[Emz' pov]

After applications, a lot of form fillings, tons of afterwords, many comforts, bazillion of researches, I've done it. Blueberries is now officially my pet. Do I want to change his name? Yes. Is it fair? No. So I've decided to keep this name. I still remember it all too well: Edgar was carrying the pup all the way til my house. And Colette? Well, as usual, planning her "big plans." I had to bite my tongue to not spoil it.

It was 2 days ago. Holy. The morning has changed so much already. I woke up with a little whining creature tearing apart my pillow, craving for food and Edgar. It was not the best way to start the morning. But I had the responsibility for the rest of its life. I've promised it. I don't wanna get killed by the lightning in the sky. So here I am, putting the third bowl of food in 4 hours.

"He used to have an owner. A young boy, not older than 7 years old. Hell, do you think he still remembers his lonely pet? I still feel like he has the right to know what happened. He lost a pet friend. It's a fact." I sometimes still thought about what Edgar told me. He even put a poster out of the gift shop, showing Blueberries and where he lives now, I wonder if that boy will ever be back, speaking the truth. How could he even put Blueberries there? It's just- The sounds of slippers took me back to reality.

"What time is it..." Colette walked into the kitchen, still rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Oh morning Emz, Blueberries." She smiled sleepily. Her cheeks still reddish. Her hair messy. Her eyes still half-closed. I wonder if anyone could slay natural white hair better than her.

I smiled at her clumsy look, "Well basically it's 12, noon."

Her eyes widely opened and her smile disappeared. "It's Sunday. Chill." I laughed. I was still squatting down so that I could pat Blueberries when he was eating.

"I NEED TO DO THE REHEARSAL AGAIN. I NEED TOGO NOW-"

"Please for God's sake, grab some breakfast first." I frowned. "That's unhealthy. You literally just woke up!"

She dashed in, swallowed a cup of warm milk and grabbed 2 chocolate chips biscuits before getting back to her room, "I'm good, Emz! I HAVE PROMISED JANET FOR TOMORROW I NEED TO LEAVE NOW-"

"Alright, don't trip-"

Boom.

I sighed. "Bandage's in the bathroom."

"THANKS EMZ!"

I couldn't help but smile. This girl just never learns. Well, maybe in some twisted way, I don't want her growing up anymore. It's easier this way. Maturing is new, scary, full of traps. Maybe being stuck in time is a better way. Or, perhaps I just love this moment too much that I'm too afraid to let it go. Either way, I'm learning. I'm learning to stop worrying about trends and work. I'm learning to live for small things, for a cup of warm coffee, for a wisp of wind, for a smile from my loved ones, for the cleanness and freshness after a long break down bath, for the relief when tears wash away my pain, for the warmth when memories fill my head even though they're only going to be memories evermore. It's okay anyway. Because I'm living for the moment.

"Have some water, little fellow." Blueberries happily wiggled its tail. Awwwwwwwwwww.

The noon was peaceful, though my inspiration is still lacking, I felt so much happier and genuinely enjoyed company of Blueberries. It felt good not having past memories eating my mind alive. Pets are life-changing, I swear.

I spent another 2 hours playing with Blueberries. He was incredibly smart. Fetch was super easy to him. Squeaky plushies are his favorite. It's no challenge for him to jump high. He is a very fast learner. I really just got a gem. I'm not sure if all dogs have natural intelligent nose or is it just him? He's extremely sensitive to smells. I could tell by how he barks when he smells smoke from burnt food. 1 street and 5 floors away.