48|Ignore

[Colette's pov]

2 days had gone and it's a Monday. That means I'm FINALLY going back to work!

It's just that I'm still not brave enough to find Edgar...

"COLETTE! GET UP OR YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

"Oh my God it's already half pass 7?" My eyes flew opened and quickly cleaned up myself. Then I ran to the living room and chewed on a piece of bread while packing my bag.

"Colette, seriously I think you need to change your alarm clock." Emz sighed as she took another bite of apple from her fruit salad.

"It suddenly just doesn't work anymore." I pouted and swallowed my bread along with a cup of warm milk. "Maybe I'll buy a new one someday." Hurry hurry it's already 7:45!

"Aight, I'm leaving! See ya after work!" I shouted before I closed the door.

"Alright bye!" Even after closing the door, I could hear Emz yelling back.

Alright seems like I gotta ruuuuuun!

After around  20 minutes, I finally got to Starr Park. Late for 5 minutes, duh. I caught my breath and walked in a fast pace to get to the gift shop as soon as possible. Alright, I'll take to Edgar, then we'll get to work, and when things will be normal! Right?

Finally, I got to the gift shop. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Heeeey Edgar sorry I'm la-" I stopped talking as soon as I saw not a single dirt move in the gift shop.

Edgar isn't here.

I could feel my heart dropped. Is he mad at me? Where is he? He'll be fine, right? Or will he vanish into somewhere else? What if something happens? Nerves got upon me and I quickly took out my phone.

C: Greeting! Glad to go back to work, Griff!
G: Hello Colette!
C: But I have a question?
G: Go on.
C: You told me Edgar will start working too today?
G: Yes.
C: But I don't spot him here?
G: That's weird. I told him about work today and he read the message.
C: It's okay then. I'll get ready for work now!
G: I'll try to contact Edgar, thanks.
C: Nppppp!

I sighed as all I could remember I saw Edgar last time was his blank face looking down. That day when I closed the door and left him alone. Colette, work is still long. Don't let it push you down. "Okay...Don't worry, nothing will happen." I murmured to myself and stocked something and cleaned up some dirty parts. It was already 8:25 am and I finally opened the door to welcome the customers. So I'm gonna stand next to the counter. Fine though.

So, the worked started!

I've remembered most of the regular customers here, but the atmosphere didn't feel right. The kids didn't burst into the door with excited faces. The teenagers didn't take many pictures and made some posts. The adults didn't look at the products and compared the prices carefully. The elderly didn't walked peacefully and talked about good old fables.

Instead, they all grabbed what they needed in a few seconds and their smiles were nervous or scared. The parents wouldn't let kids run around and the elderly were talking in low voices while frowning. The teenagers were especially petrified and most of them kept looking around. Only a few regular customers seemed to be less scared, but they were all extra careful in touching things.

"Hello, sweetie. Good to see you again." A lady smiled kindly at me.

"I'm glad to get to work again!" I grinned back and scanned the hats and sunglasses that she's buying. "But I wonder why is everything is a weird feeling? Is something wrong here?"