25|Don't Get Away From Me

[Edgar's pov]

A cool hand gently touch my face, following with a whisper.

"Edgar..?"

Reluctantly, I slowly opened my eyes from the sleep, and saw that Colette was looking at me with teary eyes. I suddenly felt all awaken and sat up a little bit. I tucked her hair behind her ear but she only tear up even more.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, worried. It was early morning and the sky was still dark.

"No-nothing...never mind." Colette tried to say something, but then she stopped herself.

"You can tell me...you know I don't dare to see you getting hurt anymore." I said, and rubbed her arm lightly.

"I'm just thinking..." she looked up to me again, not sure if she should keep going. I nodded to encourage her, and she slowly spoke up again.

"I just wonder if it's really right or wrong...I'm sorry I doubt, but I just can't help but feel insecure..." She took a deep and shaky breath. Her tears threatening to pour out. Yet she tried her very best to hold them back.

I sighed in relief, knowing she wasn't in any danger or harm. Then I pulled her close to me, and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"It's okay...I understand I was such a terrible person...I'll fix it, I promise. We need to give it a chance, alright? Give us a chance." I gave a small smile and Colette smiled too.

"Promise you won't get away from me..." she whispered, in a soft and small voice.

"Colette, I promise. I won't leave you alone." I said, and patted her head. "Feel better now?"

"Yeah..."

I chuckled as she squeezed her face. She's cute.

I leaned on the wall again, with Colette closed to me. I looked at her but she didn't have a single sign to sleep.

"Uhh, you gonna sleep or not?" I asked, trying to not make it awkward. She only gave me a sad smile. "I...I don't know. I do want to sleep. But I just don't feel it." Her voice was quite, maybe with some sort of shame.

Edgar what do you do now...

Uhhh....

Maybe...should I do that?

I took a silent but deep breath, and I slowly rubbed her back as her head was on my chest, her hair tickling my neck and face.

I cleared my throat quietly...

And started humming the music.

"Yes I'll remember you, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, love." Her head popped up and look at me in shock, wide eyed. I smiled, and continued.

"Your laugh, and yes it's true. I will see you again, not just only in my wildest dreams..."

I continued humming the melody, and Colette yawned. It worked.

"I can't ask for any better...." Her voice turned faint, and she fell into a slumber. How could I never notice her eye lashes? They're so long, gosh.

I continued rubbing her back, then slower, and slower, and I slept.

[A few hours later.]

Haven't been having a nice sleep for many couple of years. I yawned as I opened my eyes, feeling wide awake. The sun was shining bright. Though it was still freezing, this fluffy white cloud kept me warm and that's all that matters. Colette wasn't awake yet and she was snoozing quietly, with a little smile formed from her lips.