63|Distraction

[Edgar's pov]

"Cole...I don't think it's working..." I rest my chin on my hand, sighing as I saw Colette working hard on writing letters.

"Just 20 more and we can rest today, okay? 80 already!" Colette frowned as she folded up another letter nicely and grabbed a new one, started writing another essay-like thing again.

So it's late July, almost August. 29th. Colette and I had been working over time. She suggested that we could read the comments the visitors gave, and then wrote back letters about the upcoming improvements, apologies, explanation of the problems or questions. The next day after reading the advices, we would find the workers to communicate, see if they could help with it.

At the beginning, we wrote as much as we could in an hour, but as the visitors knew that the worker did listen to their opinions, the comment box had been enlarging and there's a ton of new opinions every single day. Since then, we would extend the time, form an hour to one and a half hours, to 2 hours and so on. And now? We're lost in time, just doing as much as possible.

It's another day that's probably gonna have a few hours of sleep.

"Be quick, Ed! It's just gonna take a while more..." Colette yawned as she finished  another 3 letters.

"It won't work...the total income is still reducing..." I sighed and grabbed a new paper, continued writing, since Colette wouldn't give up right now.

"Don't be like thaaaaat! We've been working on this less than a month! We'll figure it out, promise!" She forcefully rubbed her eyes and stopped herself from dropping her head to the table.

I took a deep breath and stayed silent, quickly got a few more letters done.

Around half an hour later, it's finally done.

"Ugh 100! We can rest nooooow!" Colette stretched her arms with a content smile.

"My hands are dying..." I groaned as I felt my back and my neck aching like hell. "Shouldn't we take a rest for a few days? You've been working too hard on it...2 of us isn't enough to change the whole place..."

"C'moooooon! Everyone thinks like you, that's why nothing has changed!" Colette groaned in annoyance. She's been moody recently...

"Or at least tomorrow? It's gonna be a Sunday, let's just rest and maybe brawl a bit?" I offered as I saw her drinking the third energy drink.

"Don't give me distraction, Edgar!" Colette frowned and her voice raised, "It's not the time to get lazy! Starr Park can't get any worse and we need to help!"

I smiled reluctantly, "The place isn't all under your control either...leave some work to Mr.P. He is the one that's responsible for all of-"

"He'll only tell us to worker harder." Colette pouted, "I've seen him for a few times, and he'll only say that we aren't doing good enough. He's only gonna let us take all the burden ourselves since he's always rich enough to build another park anywhere..." her voice softened with a hint of disappointment.

"Cole...We'll find some other ways to help, okay? We need to find more people to help with it and we need to control the comment box." I took my chair to sit closer to her.e

She didn't answer me, just rested her head against my chest, trying to find some warmth from me. "I'm sorry...I'm really scared if it only goes worse..."

"Don't apologize for the problem of the headquarter." I said softly and wrapped my arms around her. "Just sleep...there's only 4 hours left..."

It's 3 am. Who cares? I should need some good sleep...