35|The Night

[Edgar's pov]

"Uh, I suggest you to put down that bag first." I said as Colette carried a huge bag in her hands. It's probably 6 times as big as her head and she totally couldn't move much with it.

"Yeah I guess ya right." Colette gave me a nervous smile, and put down the huge bag. She took out a smaller bag inside it and carried it effortlessly. "Much better. Let's gooooo!"

Therefore, Colette and I went to a restaurant in Starr Park for dinner. It wasn't anything like a romantic candles dinner, but just a simple and normal meal with a friend. How the fuck am I feeling disappointed about that? Wake up, Edgar.

Just as we got into the restaurant, the scent of the food already filled my lungs and made my stomach rumble. A waiter, well, a robot quickly came to us. "Happy Valentines Day! 2 seats?" It said in a robotic tone, which completely made sense.

"Yes please." Colette smiled with her red orbs shining.

In the lights, I finally noticed what Colette was dressing. She was wearing a black top and grey-blue jeans with a white cardigan that blue stars on it as decorations. She had a bracelet on her left wrist which was yellow, and had a small butterfly on it. Casual but it fits her so well.

I could feel myself slightly blushing just at the sight of her.

We followed the robot and had a seat next to the windows and we could see the night sky out of the window. The atmosphere was light and enjoyable, giving a warm and welcoming vibe.

Colette looked at the menu with a frown and she thought out loud. "Will that be not so good? Wait or maybe...? Uhhh..." Daily struggle of choosing dishes. After a while, she sighed and handed the menu to me. "You choose first. I dunno what I want." She gave a small smile.

I took the menu and instantly chose the pasta, because everything else looked too uncomfortable to me. There were baked snails, fried snake tails, bear meat (Nita was going to cry, Colette said.) and some more weird dishes. The most normal ones were cheese pizza, pasta, and mashed potatoes, but they all had a small question marks on them.

"What's the question mark?" I murmured in myself. Then I looked at the bottom part, searching for the explanation, and I found it.

Anything above with a question mark: a special ingredient that will be used randomly in the dish. Every dish's special ingredient is different.

Seems like I could only pray for luck.

"Uh I'm getting this." I pointed the pasta one to Colette and gave the menu back to her.

"Hmm okay. I'll order that too, then." Colette said after thinking for a while.

It felt like the robot was a detective. It immediately appear once we decided what to order.

"Two pastas?" It asked in confirmation before neither of us speak up.

"Yes please." Colette replied.

"Okay. There will be special ingredients adding into your dishes." The robot said. As it turned away, it spoke in a small voice. "Good luck."

Both Colette and I were stunned by the last 2 words.

"Good luck?" Colette looked at me with questionable eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ugh, whatever." Colette pouted and took out her scrapbook again, and turned to a new page to draw.

I just sat there and watched her draw. Her focused face was undeniably...cute. I rest my head on my hand and we both stayed in silence.

After around 20 minutes, the same robot came back with two dishes in its hand. Colette quickly put away her scrapbook and pencils as the robot put the dishes on the table. It didn't leave immediately.