9|Friday Mess

[Colette's pov]

Ahhhh it's Friday! I woke up earlier than I did at work days. The round of Showdown that Edgar and I will be in is at 9:15 am. I had 2 hours to have a nice slow breakfast then I would be prepared for the battle. I would be early so that Mr. Grumpy wouldn't be mad at me! I chuckled at my own thought. It's perfect! I was nervous too, but excitement was all I could feel! I couldn't believe it! I would be seeing all real brawlers and maybe get some autographs if they're free!

I smiled hard while eating my noodles.

"God, who got you smile like that?" Emz giggled.

"The brawlers! I will see them! Ahhh!" I screamed in excitement.

We both laughed and chatted for a while then we both got ready to go to the Brawl Stars Match. I wore bag with my scrapbook, some color papers and two sign pens. We left together, and chatted a little more. I couldn't ask for a better friend! I'm already thinking what I should write and summarize my day for my dear diary.

When we got there, Edgar wasn't there yet. Emz and I sat on the chairs that were close to the transporter to bring us to my match, but Edgar didn't appear.

25 minutes.

20 minutes.

15 minutes.

Emz groaned in impatience. She stood up and said, "I can't bear that dumb dude. I'll check if he stupidly went to the gift shop or still sleeping. It's a big day for both you and him! What the actual heck?!" She said, and gave me a pitiful look. "I'll find him."

"Thank you." I said, tried my best to not show my fear. Did he leave me like this? Yesterday I was being completely fine...

10 minutes.

9. 8. 7. 6. 5.

1 minute.

[Edgar's pov]

I woke up as I hear the crazy bam bam bam on my door. I woke up, annoyed, and opened the door.

Emz?

"What is wrong with you, Edgar? THE MATCH IS OVER!" Emz scolded.

"Wait, what?" My eyes widen.

"You little...UGH! TODAY IS A FRIDAY! YOU JUST MISSED YOUR FIRST SHOWDOWN MATCH!" She shouted madly, and then it woke me clear.

Fuck.

"Holy." I said, and quickly changed my clothes to go out.

"Well what are you rushing now?" Emz stood next to my couch, and rolled her eyes.

"Colette's gonna be mad. I need to go." I put on my shoes and dashed to Brawl Star Match.

9:45 am. The matched had started 30 minutes ago, and probably ended 20 minutes ago. Colette was sitting next to the transporter. She probably finished the match with a random brawler.

"Colette, I'm sorry. My alarm clock wasn't working!" I tried to explain, but Colette didn't glanced at me once.

"I know you don't like me, Ed. I just filled in the form the match in next week, by using your name. I won't be there.See you tomorrow at work then." There was no fun in her tone. I thought she had a great time getting autographs?

Did she not play?

She stood up and left before I could catch her.

I tried to chase her, but she disappeared in those complicated crossroads. My heart dropped. Emz is gonna kill me. Just then, my phone rang. It's a phone call from Emz. Speaking of the devil, a nice devil.