80| September 4

[Edgar's pov]

I hate dreams, I swear. It's like those stupid false hopes that you can only see in your reveries. They are beyond your reach, way too far from reality. Funny thing is you usually forgot everything after first 5 minutes of being awake. You remember it was a really sweet dream, but after you wake up, you forget everything. Wow. I hate it. I hate it so much-But I remembered it this time. And I still hated it because the damn alarm shook me awake from the climax of the dream.

"Woah woah...ugh..." I was still blinking constantly, then stupidly turned off the alarm. I took a look at the quilt, and cursed under my breath. It's gonna be a tough morning. I could still remember the excitement from the dream. Oh, how deeply we were in the moment and it was almost- then everything stopped with the scratchy sound of my clock. I still could taste it, and feel it: the heat, the echoes, the breaths, the slow burn in my body. Her.

Help me. What am I thinking right now, morning, Monday, getting ready for work?

"Ugh whatever. It's not real anyway." I mumbled quietly while heading to the washroom. Blueberries' left. It felt like the whole case had been another dream. Good one. I still gotta check out on him later. After work. Maybe tonight. Or tomorrow. I guess. Anyway, everything was the same. I ain't complaining about this. I do like the simplicity in my life right now and hoping for nothing but this moment. But that dream. Gosh, that was something else.

Okay, stop it. You're disgusting.

I splashed running water onto my face and the coldness slapped me awake. Much better. I quickly freshened myself up and got prepared for another week of work. I hate Mondays. My phone had been very noisy lately and I didn't have the slightest idea. Just as usual, I soon had breakfast, dressed up, grabbed my backpack and left the house-

Excuse me.

I stood at my door, staring at her, asleep, sitting down, head leaning on the wall. What the ef is Colette doing here. My mind gone empty for a few long seconds. I blinked again. Then again. It's not a dream, confirmed. Then I knelt down to her, stroking her hair awake. This is weird as fuck. Not long, she slowly opened her eyes. It almost felt like she was lagging, but then reality hit her and she went fully awaken mode. "OH." She suddenly said, which made me jump.

We stood up in sync. Okay what the hell is happening right now. "Uh...um." I had no idea how to start everything. This felt like a fever dream.  "Eh, w-why are you here?" I managed to speak finally.

"Of course I'm here to- wait what?" She looked confused for a moment. Confused that I'm confused. Confused that she thought it makes sense.

"No no seriously, why are you here, Cole? I mean, it's not any special day?" I laughed nervously, "Is anything wrong?"

She looked pale for a second, "Hold up. You told me. It's today, right? I did NOT remember it wrong, right?"

"Remember what, exactly?" Hell, what's happening.

"When. Is. Your. Birthday. Tell. Me" She looked both desperate and horrified. It's high key scaring me.

"Um, September 4?"

"Edgar."

"What?"

"Edgar."

"Colette. What."

"Edgar." She looked like she's about to cry.

"Today is September 4. Today is your birthday."

Oh.