4|Opening Ceremony

[Edgar's pov]

The next day, I woke up really tired. I bought many things last night to build up a little for my house. I've asked someone to help painting the walls to black. I bought a phone too so that I can contact Starr Park. 500 Brawl Dollars are a lot, and I've done decorating my own bedroom and some of the living room already. I still got 120 in my pocket, feeling nice, though tired since I was wandering around a lot yesterday.

Today was the day of the Starr Park Opening Ceremony. I still wore the same black shirt with some white symbols on it, bringing my scarf always, and painted some black nails. I comb my hair to make sur e it looked good and perfectly covered my left eye, then I got out from my house, and dashed to the gift shop.

Unexpectedly, Colette was already standing there, and waved at me when I came closer. She looked super excited and it was clearly shown on her face. Her clothes was a little different. Her jeans were completely black, but with brown flower patterns, with a light blue, long sleeves top. There were some purple flowers around the bottom of the sleeves. The top fits right onto her body and she also got a star necklace.

"Edgarrrrr I'm sooo ready!" Colette did a little scream, which was the one she does whenever she's excited.

"Um yeah. I see."

"Please, Mr. Grumpy, it's a biiig day! Can't you just smile?" Colette pouted.

"Meh."

"Ugghhh whatever. Let's goooo!" Colette was in the right mood.

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the gift shop. Then, she started running to the entrance of Starr Park, which was weird because we're already inside. "Colette?"

"Edgar you don't know? The ceremony is coming soooo soooooon and it's at the entrance! The people are coming!" Colette shouted on the way she ran.

"Huh? I didn't see anyone?" I asked. I really didn't notice anyone going to Starr Park.

"Ugh Edgar you're sooo funny! You literally walked in from the second entrance, which is exactly the different direction of the first one. Of course you won't see a single soul." She said, and playfully rolled her eyes, then started giggling again.

"Oh." I felt the heat of my face so I pulled my scarf higher to my face. I've been entering wrongly all these days?

After a few more minutes, we arrived at the right entrance, and we were both out of breath. My eyes widen when I got there. There were so many people. They were all laughing and chatting outside the park. No one was sad or anything like me.

"Wow. We'll get super busy today. Maybe lucky enough to see braaaawlers?" Colette chuckled at herself, and turned her head to look at me.

"Oh there you are!" Griff, ran to us, carrying two red things. He handed on to each of Colette and I. "Wear it to show that you are the staff in Starr Park. I gotta go and start the game!"

He left as fast as he came. Colette and I looked at each other only to exchange a confused look, but then we both wore our clothes. The fabric was soft, though I hate the light red. Griff didn't say we have to zip it up so I just let it be. In the other side, Colette carefully put it on since there was no zipper, then she hanged a big smile as she saw the little card written Colette. Oh, mine was written Edgar. How am I so dumb to not notice?

Everyone were yelling and got so excited. What the hell? It's just a stupid park. Griff found a wireless microphone and a pair of golden scissors, then walked near the entrance.

"Welcome everyone to our place of happiness! No sadness or tear is allowed. This will be the more enjoyable park you'll ever be visiting and the services here are not allowed to be bad. Starr Park, the joyful and pure magic place. I now announced, Starr Park has opened!"