Chapter 16. Second Encounter

Nandini's POV

"Hey, Nandini! How are you feeling now?" I revived to the sound of Navya's concerned greeting.

The day was bright outside and I found myself in a bed in the medical room. I was not unfamiliar to this place as I have been coming here frequently to learn medicines with doctor Raghav. But finding myself wake up in one of the beds left me with a tight sealed mouth.

I suddenly recollected the bits of the last night. My heart was already starting to catch speed.

"Does it pain... Like anywhere?" I stared at Navya and her stressed eyebrows.

I wasn't sure how to answer her question for I could not feel my body. I was numb. My fingers, limbs, shoulders, waist... Overall my whole body was numb.

Navya's pitiful expressions made me imagine myself as a physically affected human. I felt weak. Like a poor patient.

"I am... Fine." I said and tried to forced my lips from ear to ear.

A shooting pain struck my towards the left corner of my mouth. Navya quickly covered the left side of my face with her warm palm and shook her head in a no.

"Don't," She smiled with despair.

I didn't have to ask her why because I remembered the Alpha-To-Be and his iron strong hold. At a point yesterday, he aggressively clutched my mouth to make me speak. It must have left marks on my skin. Not to mention I have super sensitive skin that gets dark and bruised if i scratch myself lightly.

I can perceive what destruction that alpha wolf's fingers might have done on my face.

"He is a stubborn guy, Nandini. I should have alerted you." Navya said.

I gawked at her falling face. I was staring at her with confusion and amazement as she took my hands and gave them a light stroke.

"Manik had been an over privileged guy since childhood. He is the 'Do not cross path with him' guy you must avoid if you have to stay here." Her gaze slightly fell down under my chin.

I tried to put my head in motion but found something restraining me. I had a cervical collar around my neck. Now I realize why Navya seemed so pitiful some time back! She was affected by the look of that band around my neck. I must look awfully weak and vulnerable.

"Alpha and Luna love him a lot. I was shocked when they cared for you over their hurt son the other night. Erm, that led him to stay locked inside his room throughout the morning, Nandini. He just came out for lunch after indefinite insistence from his parents. He was throwing crazy tantrums and Alpha attended him like a prince charming." She came nearer.

Navya heaved a big sigh and hushed across my ear, "Don't ever tell this to anyone but my mom asked me to stay away from him. He may be our Alpha in the near future but he is very bad guy. He does not care whether you are a male or a female, his punishments are anyways hard and heartthrobbing. I'll suggest you apologise with him for the attack and never mess with him again, Nandini."

I do think I need to apologise but his description sent a chill down my spine. I am scared to face. And honestly, I beg for his forgiveness of don't— he will keep me on his radar any way.

I have read that such alpha males are extremely dark and unforgivable at heart. They will never let you slip out of their target, let alone forget your wrongdoing done to them.

"Uhm, do you think it will be good to go and see him today if possible?" A stinging pain shot thought my neck as I talked about him.

My body was reacting to his mention. I can feel my neck burn as if his fingers were pressing down on my windpipe.