Chapter 5. Unbending Hope

Nandini's POV

"Who wants to hurt you?" I heard the man say.

But my insecurities were so intense that I tightened my grip around him and sniffed. I didn't care if he was a good person or not, I just clutched onto him as if I was a baby and he my mother.

"Hey," His hand came on top of my head and trailed a soft caress.

That gesture welled up my eyes. It broke the barricades of my persistence I had been holding onto stiff and strongly, letting my tears loose. I was pretending to be tough but now I was weeping with sobs and loud cries in his arms.

He shushed me. His hands holding me in his arms as he stroked my head. I had wanted this coming from my father. The person who made me and raised me to a woman I was today. Call it my bad luck or simply his greed for money but he sold me out- and now I am standing in the arms of a man whose face I didn't even get to see.

"Harshad," My fingers balled around his blazer as I heard him call out Harshad's name.

Adrenaline moistened my eyes. I escaped only to fall in the hands of a man that knows my owner.

Jerking away, I hugged my hands and breathed deeply. My owner with his there body guards was standing quietly. He alternatively looked at me then the man I had ran into.

He was.... Handsome!

Damn it, what's wrong with me lately? Every man I am seeing turns out to be extremely gorgeous. It feels like I have jumped into a world full of attractive men.

I turned my head in order to take a glimpse of the person who made me feel safe. Just for several seconds... It did help me cry out my true emotions.

(Manav Malhotra)

(Manav Malhotra)

He was tall with eyes darker than a night on full moon. There was a stroke of white hair on his forehead before a forest of thick black hair. His stance was confident and shoulders broader than Harshad. It was hard to breathe in this situation but this man had a smirk entertaining his face.

"Why do you want to hurt her, Harshad?" Oh no no... I wanted to open my mouth and blurt that out.

But I noticed Harshad was shivering. He glanced at me and sighed. "I just purchased her." His tone was polite, naughtiness and confidence leaving his voice.

Then the other man brought his eyes on me, "If he purchased you, I'm afraid you have to go with him, dear." He caused my eyes to well up again.

Like seriously? After making me feet safe in his fatherly arms he was telling me that I have to go with him. My mouth dropped. I had an urge to fall on the ground and pull my hair, and cry like a maniac in am asylum.

I cursed that greedy bastard who I have been calling as my father and pressed my lips together.

I may have met Harshad just now but I can sense his fury. He may stand now harmlessly but I can imagine him beating me like master to a slave. I can see in his eyes the lust for my body that said he would make me pay in bed.

I wiped my tears and faced the older man, "Would you be saying the same thing if someone sold your daughter off, then she was dolled up like a piece of meet for customers in a factory, and threw her in a room full of hungry buyers." The man was taken aback.

Harshad gave me a dark look. It was a warning asking me to keep my mouth shut. I just stared straight in the old man's eyes and resumed, "Where man coming from different walks of life quoted her price until the highest bidder bought her? Yes, sir?"

"I..." The man with a stroke of white hair on his forehead stared at my face, speechless. His face has suddenly become a shade of yellow... Pallid yellow as if blood had drained off.

It can be seen that he was aware of the grooming factory, but the heinous activities going on within was unheard-of. Or so... He knew only a little!

"If you are okay with girls being treated like herd, bought and sold, I won't mind going back with this person who proudly told you he is my owner." I took a step towards Harshad.

He was ready to lay his hand on me and grab me in a murderous grip. But I stopped and looked at the old man, trying one last time, hope still intact in my mind, "I'll go with him, sir, however tonight when he rapes me- his men fuck me and tear my pure Virgin body to shreds... I will blame you."

The old man gasped. A little shade of red rimmed his eyes as he fisted his fingers.

"Because I made an escape risking my life. It's you who didn't make an attempt to save me. It's you who'll answer to God on the judgement day." His eyes ogled my back when I approached Harshad.

"Come on, take me." I whispered, my voice shaking. "I won't run away."

Harshad caught my wrist. A muscle at his jaw flicked and the clenching of his teeth made me pray for my dear life and its safety after this moment. He squeezed my hand mercilessly and I bit back a sob. It was his way of expressing his disappointment.

"Okay then," He eyed the old man at my back, his voice still shivery like he was hesitant in the presence of this man, "I'll take your leave, Alpha."

Alpha? I chewed the inside of my cheek with my eyebrows shrinking together. I couldn't help but read the features of this other man. Undoubtedly, he had a powerful aura and his stance spoke of wealth. I gave him a look as if I was disgusted by his presence irrespective of the respect his personality demanded.

Harshad commenced a walk ahead as his hand gripped mine tighter. "Ahh!" This time a yelp filtered out of my mouth even though I tried to hold it back.

Harshad gestured one of his men to bring the car here. He was making sure his hold was deathly on my wrist, seeing to it that I must not have another chance at escape. His body guards walked behind me menacingly, increasing the cyclone of fear within me.

"Ahh," Another painful moan erupted from my mouth alongside scorching tears as Harshad squeezed my hand tighter, causing my mind to blank out.

We were out of the glance of the man my owner referred to as alpha and was about to take a turn that would lead us to his car when I felt warm fingers wrapping around the forearm of the hand harshad was holding.

When I looked up, it was the old man looking at me intensely,"Let her go, Harshad." inhibiting our stride.

Tbc...

Make sure you click that comment icon and leave a comment before scrolling down~

XOXO