28. I Want To Talk With You

Nandini's POV

I was admiring the intricate carving on the poles near Alpha Manik's bedroom as I wait for Beta Nathan. He didn't let me go inside his room but assured he would inform the alpha that I want to see him and try to fix a meeting between us.

It is kind of awkward that I wish to see even after what I went through because of him. But I praise him. Had he not come to rescue me in the woods, then God knows what would have happened to me.

I still wonder if he was any minute late then would I still be alive? Would I still be so determined? Would I still be in one piece?

Those rogues were definitely bulky and huge. They could carry me like a stuffed doll. As if I was not heavy at all.

Their bare body was scary. With muscles everywhere, they shuddered the shit our of me. I still get affected and forget breathing normally as the images of that unfateful day crosses my thoughts. However, I have managed to put that day in the past and look at the wonderful life ahead of me.

I must include that after I opened my eyes- Two days post that terrifying day, my life never remained the same.

I have become one of the significant members of the pack. Doctor Raghav and team take me to various hospitals. We have been to two other exploration trips within the New York City which helped me get over that day real quick.

Luna Arti treats me like her daughter. Alpha Manav loves to play chess with me every evening as I also help Navya's mom in the kitchen some time. All in all, I have settled well in this pack as though I have been a part of their family forever. There are no issues or problems bothering me. Except for one. Alpha Manik.

When I say my life's not the same as before, I also mean that he's left me alone. In fact, the alpha would not even look at me if we in the same room. I feel like a complete invisible person- or should I say, a complete unimportant object around him.

Nobody has any answer to my questions related to his indifferent behaviour towards me. Luna Arti suggests me to ask Alpha Manik himself. His father too, shrugges him shoulders every time I ask him to help me meet his son. He says that the alpha is Manik and that all the power belongs to him. Now that if I want to see him, it is Manik who can help me see himself.

That being said, I have tried two to three times to talk to him. Well, I don't exactly know what I would say but I just want to talk.

He can't ignore me like nobody. I have become a part of his family. I am also a member of his pack. I should be as important as others, shouldn't I?

I was battling with the questions and the relevant answers when I heard the sound of doors unlocking. Beta Nathan stepped out. I eagerly jumped out of the pillow to peak inside the Alpha's room but Nathan shut it. Stupid Beta. He is like a personal bodyguard come possessive girlfriend. He won't let me see the alpha or get near him as if they are dating huh.

"Hope I didn't make you wait, Nandini." Beta Nathan said.

I cutely grinned and shook my head in a no. I can't tell him I've been pissed for being left out of the room with lots and lots of impatience building up, can I? Hence I did what I could do best- smile and stutter my big lashes to look cute as I intend to seem.

"Good to know that," He said and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, Alpha Manik asked me to ask you the problem you have, and then intimate it with him so he can accordingly deal with it."

"What?" I screamed.

"Sorry, Nandini, he is very busy though. You know it is not easy to be an alpha. He's got hundreds of issues to look into. Hence, he asked me to get a detailed report of your problem to him."