59. A Mafia Backup

I told you I have chapters written in spare 🔥 enjoy reading

59. A mafia backup

Manik's Pov

I felt my heart tearing apart as my eyes caught the sight of my woman lying unconscious on a hospital bed. Her head was wounded with a bandage and she was put on IV. The doctor said she was well except for the gash on her waist that bled like a stream.

Luckily not much of her blood streamed out as my soldiers arrived at the spot soon after the attack happened. I gawked at her pallid face, the white band of gauze making her look more vulnerable than what Raghav said she was.

I took her hand and kissed her knuckles. Why do you have to go there, Nandini? Why didn't you listen to me?

My wolf sighed as the questions spiraled in my head. 'She's a curious cat and she couldn't keep it to herself.' I ignored his remark and tried to push back the burning from my eyes.

I didn't want Nandini to work on the case for I was afraid to lose her. She's not my mate, but her presence is far more addictive than I could imagine. The woman has branded me. To say I was dominating her would be a joke, because it was her who controlled me more than myself.

I've talked to dad about how he met her and what led him to rescue her. I'll agree the story was not what I expected. I took her for a damsel. She's a warrior in a woman's skin. Nandini is much more powerful than a she-wolf. Her determination stuns me.

She needs to be protected. She needs to be loved.

The memories of the time she spent in the grooming factory needed to fade away. That's the reason why I denied her a place in the grooming factory case. I wanted her all to myself and to keep the bloody memories away from her. To give her the peaceful life she deserved and shower her with love her asshole father should have introduced in her life.

I held her hand closer and fought my tears. She is okay. She will heal soon. Although Raghav had been disturbed since morning, when he heard Nandini was attacked and hospitalized, he came at once to check on her. He didn't let other doctors touch her except for recording her pulse and to put IV.

My heart galloped in worry. I couldn't stand this sight of her. I loved her better when awake and annoying. Her voice was music to my ears. My beautiful radio. She looked so fragile that I wanted to pull her in a hug and kiss her forehead.

I might have done that, had my parents not dashed inside the room uninformed. Letting go on Nandini's hand I stood by the corner and watched as mom mounted the stool. Her fingers went for Nandini's as she let out a shudder breath.

"My poor thing. Why does this have to happen to her?" She wailed while my father went to the other side to check on her pulse and reports.

"We should be grateful she's not badly harmed though everyone in the nursing home has been shot dead." Dad said.

I pretended to be non-existent, watching them whisper prayers for my girlfriend. Dad stroked her bandaged forehead as he mouthed an audible prayer, asking the moon goddess to take away her pain and worries.

The only thing I like about all of these is that my parents really care about Nandini. The grooming factory racket is heinous, but they've found a daughter in her. They care for her more than they'd do for me.

'And she deserves it, doesn't she?' My wolf admired our parents. 'Nandini wouldn't have made it so far with all the internal and external trauma she bore without their help.'

Agreed. My parents are behind her confidence. Nandini was born a rebel but she fanned her confidence, giving her the strength to get up and start fresh again. Though it irked me in the start. Now I love it. I love how my parents put Nandini before me.