87. Souvenir

Here's your new chapter. I'm amazed to see you cracking the targets like it's nothing 😱

This is a big chapter and I hope you like it.

Enjoy reading though.

***

87. Souvenir

Manik's POV

Something hit me in the chest when I met Gianna's gaze. She seemed like a different person now. Like half dead. Gone was the woman I was talking with. Now she appeared so frail and weak that she would slip into the pit of death if she so much as tried to suck another breath.

"Manik," She spoke my name in the barest of whisper, her face a mess of sweat and teetering muscles. "Bow down."

I only stared at her as I heard that, all the wrong thoughts whirling in my head. When I didn't move a muscle, her cold fingers grabbed my face.

I held back my breathing as she lowered my face down until our foreheads touched. I opened my mouth to counter and also scolded her to cooperate. But then, seeing her lips so close the urge to kiss her replaced all my thoughts.

Before I acted on the desire, she spoke again in the same weak barely-audible tone, "Close your eyes, Manik."

As I obeyed, I saw a cloud of white smoke unfurl in my mind. Then it took shape... Of people. Of Gianna with a handsome, slightly older guy with a lean body and curly blonde hair. His eyes, when they settled on her face, shone with love and contentment.

"I am so excited for this holiday!" He caught her lips between his teeth as he made a noise.

Gianna pushed him away, and eyed around them. They were at an airport, "Behave yourself, Mr. Lewis."

"That's the hardest part." He let out before they progressed toward the exit with their luggage.

They were lovey-dovey, talking dirty about how they'll spend their holiday and celebrate Gianna's birthday. Their ride and seven days stay to a two star hotel in Hawaii was a blur. What I happened to see straightaway was them packing up and preparing to leave.

The love on their faces for each other was etched in the form of eternal smiles. They kissed and promised to be with each other before they took a cab to leave for the airport. Nevertheless, the cab took a turn that led to some other street where they were stopped at gunpoint.

There were three men, all draped in black from head to feet, including the driver. Their eyes were hooded with black goggles. They forced Gianna and Richard to get out of the car and dragged them away into an abandoned railway carriage. Tying them apart, they began to beat Richard.

Since he was a human he couldn't put up with the bulky men. He took their beatings but he still tried to free himself and Gianna. The bright day turned to dark night and they spent the time crying together, and promising to never be apart. Despite being a mortal Richard attempted to free himself and escape with his wife. But the chains on them were thick and they were heavily drugged.

The next day the men were double. One of them assessed Richard while he was still unconscious from the sedatives and barked the orders, "Two of you take care of this doormat while I carry the girl out."

"Noo! Don't touch my husband!" Gianna voiced in a mournful tone but they anyway carried her away.

Her mouth was taped and breast groped by the man as he disgraced her with a nasty comment and added, "I'll fuck you once before you are put up for a sale, whore."

She was left in a jeep to struggle. Five more girls followed in, all of them dumbfounded from shock of ending up tied and gagged in a jeep with other girls. While they were assessing each other with a scared gaze, Gianna shuddered from the impact of a loud scream. It was Richard's.