Chapter 21. Her Innocence

Luna's POV

"You don't even think twice before uttering something, do you? Had you ever done it, you would have realized that you're standing here in front of your mother who's been a rebellious Luna all her life after coming to this back." I have been a proud wolf and enjoyed all the perks I received as one.

Nothing matters to me more than my family. After my marriage I only cared about my mate and the pack I came to after our mating was done in my pack. Then it was Manik I loved more than anything or anyone else. My husband and son are everything to me.

I can die for them. However, I just can't listen to Manik's bad language today. It felt as if he was humiliating me and not Nandini.

"What makes you hate Nandini so much, Manik? Is it her rebellion why you hate her so much that you can't even see the pain behind her expressionless face?" I bellowed on top of my lungs as I glared at him with my darkening eyes.

I didn't like Nandini in the start but slowly as I observed her, I perceived she is hollow inside. I feel attached to that girl now. Ever since I saw her crying in her sleep, of course while seeing a bad nightmare I just couldn't hold myself from approaching her and embracing her like my own daughter.

She was disliked by me. I was afraid her presence would infatuate other wolves and create problems in the pack. She happens to the first human member in three decades. I was wrong. She did the opposite. She made people like her for her bravery and perseverance. It's only my son who hates her for it.

My heart ached as I observed the line of my fingers on his cheek imprinted in deep red. It hurt to raise my hand on him now that he has become an alpha. But what is wrong is wrong. I won't stop teaching him moral lessons like this even if he fathers children himself.

He was amused and frozen. I can see him scrutinizing my profile, wondering if I was truly his mother.

"Your father didn't purchase her against cash. He saved her. In fact, Nandini persuaded him to save her from that hell." I said.

I have promised myself that I will not tell anyone regarding Nandini's back story or how she ended up in Full Moon Pack but here I had to do it willingly. Manik as an alpha needs to know about her past. It is also needed so that he doesn't hurt her much. May be, once he knows the truth behind her rebellious countenance than he would stop targeting her as his prey.

"She was sold by her father to the owner of one of the grooming factories. You can't even imagine the place she has come from. It was no less than an execution camp where reluctant females are chopped into pieces and gorgeous ones are sold like cattle. She's not just saved her life but also helped us unveil some of the heinous crimes taking place under our noses in those factories." I said as I also hissed.

The thought of that place makes me dizzy. I visited it with Manav as I wanted to know whatever he's told me was true. My mind was blown because each word Nandini told to him and he shared with me proved out to be damn true.

"What do you mean by heinous crimes?" I raised an eyebrow at Manik.

From the looks of his face I can say he believed my words.

"I mean to say kidnapping little girls, stealing small babies from the hospitals, and forcefully picking up women from the street and transporting them to their customers for huge some of money. All humans." Manik's fingers clenched to his side.

He cast his gaze away from me to breathe to stability. Disturbance swept his expressions and a fire of disappointment clouded his eyes.

"These factory owners carry out illegal activities under their licenses we provided them with while they show completely different things to us as their businesses. It have only been possible to go to the depth because of Nandini. If she had not attempted to escape and met your father, we would have never been able to discover this all going in our world." I settled down in a chair and clutched my head.