91. Where is Nandini

Hey Fam,

Thanks for your patience and support. Trust me, thia phase has been difficult and I had some of the best memories with my uncle 😭 May Allah grant him the highest rank in Jannah and admit him there without any further suffering coz he suffered a lot in this world.

Without stretching this further, I present the next chapter to you 🙂

Enjoy reading!

***

91. Where is Nandini

Manik's POV

Mom squatted to my left, gazing at Lelah who was stuck to the side of my leg. "Hi, darling." She was nervous and it was obvious in her greeting as she forwarded a hand toward Lelah.

"Hello." My heart swirled, listening to my toddler's response full of excitement, but with an edge of surprise and little fear.

She was doing better than other kids her age. She didn't cower away when mom slid her hands around her to pick her up. Lelah happily went to her and did what she did to me when I picked her up— licking her chin.

Mom was taken aback, she grasped and stared at me in confusion. I gave her an assuring grin and explained to her that it was Lelah's way of showing love and excitement toward people she liked.

"Hey, baby," dad joined mom. He caressed Lelah's head while a gleam of possessiveness sparkled in his eyes. "I am your grandpa."

"Gwandpa?" Lelah blinked her eyes, making them pout in adoration and kiss her head while she's gotten everyone gathered around her like moths.

She was mixing in well. Her grandmother too. She was anxious when the car pulled over and she saw everyone standing before our magnanimous mansion. Her first words were, "You're rich!" and she became wary around me as though she wasn't sure how her staying with us would turn out considering her status.

Her thoughts were answered instantly with a hug because my mother took her in her arms and apologized to her for her loss. She assured her that she wouldn't have to worry about anything in this mansion, and that Lelah was their combined responsibility from now on.

"Our granddaughter is a munchkin!" Mom had squealed when she found Lelah in my arms.

She was already so comfortable with me that when I was about to leave the car, she faked a cry and jumped into my arms. Her grandma was skeptical about it but she sighed and hunched back in the car as Lelah curled her delicate arms around my neck and threw a fit of tantrum at her old woman for I don't know what.

I felt like crying when she blinked at dad curiously and hugged him, "You're the best birthday gift I received so far, cutie. I love you." Dad smiled and covered her head with a hand.

While everyone was busy with Lelah, I swept my gaze around the room. Nandini wasn't there. I excused myself and went to her room. My heart lurched in my chest when I caught the sight of her room's door.

I don't even remember how long it has been since that day I last held her. The void seemed unfathomable. She craved to see Mr and I pushed her away. I ignored her presence on more than one occasion and hurt her two days ago, too. I just hope she wouldn't grow several mad heads because of my behavior.

Taking a breath, I knocked on the door. Although Nandini should have been with others in the living room, I can understand it must be difficult to come to terms with being a mother to a toddler who was my mate's daughter. She deserved to know about Gianna and Richie. About Lelah too.

I should have taken Nandini with me to pick up Lelah and her Grandma. Her first meeting with the toddler would have cemented their bond. But... Now the damage is done. All I can wish for is that Nandini would as welcomingly accept Lelah as others in my family.