82. So close yet so far

Okay!!! So some of you are crazy 🤣🤣🤣 your comments scared me. If I were manik, I wouldn't of dared to stay as the ML of the book any more after knowing your thoughts on him.

But I'm happy as a writer that even after being inactive for so long, you're gracing this book with your love.

I mean... Within a few hours we got 95 votes and 40 comments. I'm blown 🤯🤯🤯

Thanks and enjoy this chapter. Ik 5 votes are remaining. This chapter is dedicated to all those who quickly enacted on completing the target.

Loyal readers... This is for you 🎯♥️

*****

82. So close yet so far

Nandini's POV

I felt stuck in a pipe, closed from all the sides and suffocating. To top it all, the heat that I felt in my body made my mind blank and the words on the screen of my laptop danced like bees moving around frantically.

My eyes stung from all the new secrets I unearthed in every new article I read regarding Stanley Archibald. The man proved that idiom we have grown up hearing-- A wolf in a sheep's clothing. Indeed he was a wolf, infecting and betraying the society with a fake mask put on.

Ever since I came out of Archibald's house that day after catching a glimpse of my mother, I haven't taken a single breath of relief. I couldn't sleep well, thinking about how my mother ended up in his house. I had no doubts that it was her. And considering the greed and cruelty of my father, I was confident that he had a hand behind my mother ending up in this werewolf realm.

He might have sold her and faked her death. When greed couldn't control itself, he sought out to send me through the same fate as mom. But she wasn't as lucky as me. I escaped.

I accessed another article on Stanley Archibald. He was an asshole. A dealer. A brute. Everything you'd call a man who could go to any limits to double his bank balance. Except it was hidden from the society behind all the good social work he did.

The man, otherwise, has a long history of selling and purchasing women and young girls. He also runs a secret business of smuggling organs that he acquires from the hospitals he works with. An article from five years ago accused him for having the biggest hand in mass death of about twenty patients although they were barely infected by flu or normal fever. The family claimed they were forcefully killed and that their bodies were handed over in body bags, refusing them to open and see them. The funeral was conducted under supervision with cops breathing up their necks.

Sending it to Manik , I made my way to his study room. He is not here and no one is allowed to enter his private space. But it was necessary. I wanted to get more information on Archibald and I feel he also has a hand in grooming factory business. A man like him must be involved in it provided that every old article and in-depth search about him points out that he is a bigger and nastier player than what he shows to people.

My first thought was to check Manik 's laptop and mail. However, a file on the desk with 'Grooming factory congregation' caught my eyes. As I went through each page, I found names of some of the renowned people in the pack. It lodged like a punch to my already messed up guts.

Then I found a set of papers in another paper folder. It was marked important and named Archibald. As if my fate wanted to help me, I found they were the evidence against Archibald as the head of the grooming factory congregation. He runs this business and attends all the auctions himself along with other allies to make sure the purchases are done smoothly.

I stumbled upon a document dated back to the day I was sold. Archibald didn't attend that auction. This explains why he didn't recognize me when we met. Also, I recall the words of the women who assisted me with bathing and clothing. They made me replace another girl who had succumbed to death from an overdose of drugs. I was the first girl who entered and left the factory within few hours of acquisition and they probably don't have proper documents or photos of me.