101. Ready for a Revenge

Hey Fam!!!

Although votes target wasn't achieved you managed to fulfil comments target ☺️ I'm not disappointed with the love the book is receiving.

I love to read your comments and I purposefully left them unanswered 😏

All of you debating in the comments will hopefully get your answers here!

Enjoy reading!!!

***

101. Ready for a Revenge

Nandini's POV

I thought I was dead. The pain I experienced was deathly. If pain from death doesn't feel like this then I wonder what else does.

Maybe I wasn't because I could hear my breathing. It was slow and smooth. Like I was laying on soft warm grass under an evening sky and just relaxing.

My body was at peace. The pain no longer shaking my core. In the dark I lifted a hand to my neck. To the spot Harshad bit me. No pain again. But there were two dots. Wet dots.

I tried to look around myself. Except for complete darkness I saw none. My limbs moved on their own accord. Though it was dark, I moved ahead. I hoped to find the end of this dark tunnel, wishing that it would greet me with an opening radiating with light.

I walked and continued to walk until I saw a dot flickering across my gaze. It was the size of a pearl. But as I stared at it with undivided focus, it grew bigger. Within a minute it grew the size of watermelon, and as I continued to look at it, it protruded and in an instant a dazzling brilliance enveloped the space.

I covered my eyes with a hand and looked away. Counting to twenty, I slowly removed the hand and let my vision grow accustomed to the brightness. Surprise hit me like a stone coming with full force. Everything was.... Plain white. It felt like I was held hostage in a room painted white.

There wasn't even a grain of dirt. Nothing.

I scrutinized around myself, hoping to come across someone. I moved a foot forward and a sweet voice called me over my shoulder.

"Nandini." I swirled around and froze.

"Who are you?" I blinked my eyes as there was an extremely beautiful lady standing in front of me.

I doubt if I should be calling her that because she was dressed in what I assume like a royal gown with the rear end sweeping the ground. The sleeves were long and they also cascaded to the floor. The dress was shimmery, matching the luminosity of the crown that proudly sat atop her head.

"I am Selene." Warm filled my being as her voice broke the silence.

She sounded sweet, enchanting, and ever so relaxing that my head became lighter.

"Are you a human?" I asked.

She declined with a small nod and grinned, "I am a goddess."

I should have known. The beautiful dress and that crown, her flawlessly white skin and the natural blush on her cheeks, and those tinted pink lips looked otherworldly. Unlike in our world where you could tell between a nicely dusted face and all the beauty products used on one's skin.

I didn't want to take my eyes away. I didn't want to blink, either. I only stared and that caused her to smile widely, delicately, and blink her spectacularly big and beautiful eyes.

"Wow, I don't want to look away." I said.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Nandini."

"You know my name?" I asked, feeling the hair on my skin rise.