73. Morning sickness... Is it?

Nandini’S POV

As soon as we got down at NYC airport, Manik asked me to stand aside for he had caught the glimpse of someone he said he didn't want them to see me.

The man was huge just like my boyfriend. His hair curly and a deathly thing about him that made my toes curl. He must be one of the mafia leaders. I noticed the holster under his coat as he unbuttoned it to get some air in the sunny day.

When he came back, he led me to another route that ended in the isolated rear region with no one around. There was just a car that I supposed was for us.

Opening the door for me, Manik helped me get in, "Take her home safely." He put our bags in the back and came back to kiss the back of my hand.

"Business needs my attention, honey."

"Will you join me at dinner tonight?"

"I will try. Can't promise though." His eyes gave away the agitation he tried to keep behind a tempting smile.

Sneaking my head out of the window I kissed him on the lips. "Good luck with whatever you're going to do. Just don't die."

"I won't." He chuckled before pressing his lips harder on mine.

"Remember what I said, Caspian. Any wound on her body and you're gone." Caspian assured Manik with a nervous grin and fired up the engine.

I watched Manik's figure disappear as we moved further. When we came to the front on the main street that led us out with other vehicles, my guards followed behind in their own car.

I came back home with a sickness in my stomach. My eyes were heavy and my throat dry. Luna Arti greeted me with kisses on the cheeks and a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, sweetie." Happiness performed a graceful ballet on her face. "I hope Manik didn't give you a hard time."

I battled a hard blush and faked a seething glare, "He didn't."

He did make my nights hard to survive with his deep and powerful thrusts and kisses that left my mouth bleeding. But I won't tell her that, will I?

"So tell me how the event went? How was everyone?" She asked. "Did you see Manik taking interest in any woman? I really want to know what's going on in his personal life. He never shares anything with me."

Although Manik and I had worked out a fake story about an event we lied about attending together, I wasn't ready for the question. I desired to tell her that the woman sitting in front of her was the woman Manik took undivided interest in. I couldn't do more than rolling my eyes at the question.

This was to show my disinterest in Manik's personal life. Luna Arti took that as a hint that I was the wrong person to ask. She changed the topic and we went about discussing the false story I shared with her.

The lunch was ready. My stomach was growling for food and when we were invited to the table, I excitedly got up. But before I took a step ahead, my knees shook and I collapsed right there.

"Oh no, darling. Looks like the weather's done a number on you." I think so too.

Navya's mom squatted on the other side and helped her pick me up, "I suggest we let the tired soul take a bath before lunch."

"I'll run a bath for her." The gorgeous ladies led me to my room.

Within minutes a bath was prepared for me and Mrs. June got me new clothes from my wardrobe.

"Let me help you out." Luna Arti came forward, causing me a small heart attack.

"Noo," I screamed and moved back. "Err, I mean I'll do it inside. Please, don't worry."