61. Mad boyfriend

A new chapter ✌️
Enjoy reading 🔥💯

Don't forget to vote and comment 💗😘

______

61. Mad boyfriend

Nandini's POV

I woke up with a gasp. My heart banged in my chest and I lifted a hand to cover it. "Nandini," A hand brushed over my shoulder and I found Navya sitting to my right on a stool.

"Navya? You're home already?" I tried to sit up but she pushed me down.

"Lay back, I'll have to call Raghav to check on you first." She said, "And yeah, I came back two days ago."

She went out the door while I laid back, feeling a mild irritation around my belly. I trailed a hand on the aching spot and realized it was bandaged. Instantly, my hand lifted up to my head and I was not surprised to find another bandage on my head.

The memories from the evening in the old of age home whisked in my head, causing a vortex of emotions to build up. The elders. I couldn't help but sit straight and try to breathe in deep. The sight of the elders dead all around me made my eyes water.

I couldn't do a thing to help save them. Not even to a single one.

"Nandini," I looked up from my palms to the door at Raghav.

He had a smile of relief on his face. But the dark circles and that edge of depression sitting in the form of tautness around his jaw spoke of his miseries he was going through.

"They were shot dead, Raghav, right in front of me. I saw them. They were armed and had a weird kind of symbol on the right end of the black masked suit they wore." He looked at me pitifully before pushing me back to lie down.

"I couldn't do anything. They were all just so powerful." He lifted my gown to my abdomen, examining the wound on my belly.

I continued to share the bits of that evening, hoping he would register every word as is and narrate the same to Manik. I hadn't thought about him when I left. The concern of the elders had me work on an impulse. I didn't even leave him a message.

Well, I couldn't for I was openly aware that I was attempting to breach into a sensitive mission he clearly stated he didn't want me to be a part of.

Now as I thought about Manik, the pictures of him in his ugliest angry mood flashed across my gaze. His image of accusing glare and gritted teeth trying to control his rage as he saw me made my stomach ache and I yelped.

"Does it hurt?" Raghav pulled his hands back, thinking that it was his doing that ousted the yelp out of me.

I nodded fearfully, then let my candour surface, "I am scared of Manik's reaction."

Raghav sighed, "Goddess! You freaked me out, Nandini."

There was no edgy reaction that I got from Raghav on the mention of the Alpha I wondered would be moving around madly somewhere coz of me. Navya, on the other hand, turned pale as she chewed on her bottom lip. As if she knew something more than Raghav did regarding Manik's reaction.

"Your wound is at the last stage of healing." Raghav said. "I have put you on medication that I was afraid would lead to pain. I am glad though, that you're physically doing great. Let me check on your forehead wound as well... then we'll decide whether to leave them open or let the covering as is."

I didn't acknowledge his details and sat there, thinking about Manik. His thoughts eclipsed any other thoughts that should be my center of attention.

He had told me to stay away. Said with an emphasizing dark tone that I was to not intervene. He had wanted me out but I... I was just concerned.