Chapter 24. A Promise To Himself

Nandini POV

The back of my eyes throbbed. The burn in my chest overflowed as I felt fingers pulling the straps of my bra.

"Her boobs are huge. No less than freshly ripe melons." I cringed at someone's remark as fingers trailed my cleavage.

I have accepted my unfortunate end and waiting for it to consume me. I was already dead inside and my mind was just waiting for that one hard blow that would put it off forever. Nevertheless, a pair of soothing hands encapsulated my shoulders and pulled me into a sitting position.

My heart seemed to rest down for the touch was not perverted. It was rather relieving. My ears burst with vivid noises— apparently a combination of screams and yelps. Sharp sound of blade slicing through something into two irritated my ear drums.

The heavy air somewhat lightened around me. I sensed being alone with no hand tugging at my garments any more. My eyes flew open as a wave of trepidation and pure terror washed over me. Why? Because the seven rogues who have kidnapped me lay dead around me— cut into several unequal pieces while a fuming figure sat with his head hung low, and a blood bathed sword digging in the soil next to his lap as he clutched its handle.

"A-alpha Manik," I didn't mean to welcome the view of his bloodied face with happy tears but I couldn't help it.

He was here to save me.

***

Alpha Manik's POV

Horror whispered in the undertone of her voice as she called my named. It only made me lower my head more. I was afraid she would notice the moisture in my eyes.

"A-alpha" Her breathy voice cut the menacing air.

I forgot she was naked. Rising to my full height I yanked out my t-shirt and put it over her naked front before I lifted my face. My heart wrenched. My conscience winced at the look of her horrified gaze. She was scared. I can see terror settling on her face in the form of redness.

Even then she smiled as if she was glad seeing me here. Her eyes shone in gratification. I searched them to see if she was really at peace. It was a dismay for she really was. She was fucking relieved despite being troubled physically.

I observed her mouth quiver. Surprisingly, she smiled between a silver trail of happy tears.

"Nandini, I... I," My hands flew around her shoulders and I pulled her in my lap.

The shirt provided a wall of barricade between our bare bodies. I hugged her tightly. Pulling her closer I rested my chin on her head as I tried not to seem extremely guilty for my act or sound helpless as I spoke further.

"I am sorry. I am truly extremely sorry." This was not me.

Alpha Manik never shed a single drop of tear let alone apologize. But here I was doing both for a girl I thought I hated.

'You never hated her Manik. You're simply envious of her boldness. She is rare and full of determination like yourself. It was mere jealousy.' My wolf said.

I know what I had felt over first our meeting. It was pure disgust. I wanted to insult her. Show her her place. I was jealous since my parents treated her like a princess. My ego was bruised and her humiliation was supposed to pay for it.

But looking at her helpless teary face... Her rigid broken body that was awaiting the worse that could happen to her, my heart shattered. It was not the woman I had met—but the woman I wanted her to be under my tyranny.

The images of them naked rogues holding their dicks near her face and legs crossed my mind. My lips pressed at the recollection of perverted palms roaming hungrily on her chaste skin.

She was trying not to give in even then. She was mentally dead yet her body fought. She was tied yet her determination wriggled.

My hold on her shoulders tightened. I don't know why but it hurts a lot. She is not my mate. I can still feel her pain sweeping through my stomach and hardening it into a stone.

"That's true I had every intention to make you suffer I didn't want this to happen to you. I am extremely sorry, Nandini. I swear I didn't plan the rogue attack. I am sorry," She was stiff in my arms.

Her silence scratched my patience. I was mourning inside. I have seen women act insanely terrified after such event. Nandini was reticent. She neither jerked in my arms nor sobbed. She was as calm as a corpse at rest.

Unable to bear her silence, I slowly peeled her from my chest. My trembling fingers held her head and waist as if she was a bare infant baby, my infant baby, I needed to handle with care. Assorted emotions soared through me as I stared down at her face.

"Nandini," Moisture blurred my eyes.

She had passed out much to my realization. I gawked at her injured hands balled against her chest. She looked like a baby sleeping coiled in a big mattress.

"I never disliked myself so much before. I am truly sorry, Nandini." A ripple of contrition racked my spine.

I didn't see before but her poor skin was a mess. Fresh bleeding nail bites and finger prints were all over her exposed body. Without a second thought, I covered them with my palms so as to wipe away the nasty assault the fucking rogues plunged on her.

Something got into me and I placed soft kisses all over her face. My mouth tingled as I paused before taking in her soft lips and nibbling them lightly. The reasons are unknown to myself but I just held her to my chest until my heart slowed down.

"I promise to wipe this hapless event out of your memory forever." I kissed her lips again.

Then I immediately dressed her in my t-shirt carefully, unlike myself, picked her possessively in my arms, taking her to where she apparently belonged— to my mansion.

Coming to a standstill I peered at her bruised countenance and an oath bust out of my lungs, "I, Alpha Manik, promise to myself today that— you will never go through any shit any more in life, little Rebel. And that this day will be a vague memory of all the bad memories you have."

Tbc...

Another update 😘😘😘😘
How did you like the ending? Ever expected this change in the arrogant alpha?
Well there's more such unpredictable events coming up next.
You guys enjoy reading. ❤️
Don't forget to comment and vote, and follow me~

Target- 180 votes for 2 chapters.