57. I need to go

Apologies for the mistake. But the new and manan chapter is here.

So here's the chapter for those who've been waiting for it 😁🥰

Don't forget to comment and vote. No target but next chapter is ready. In fact many chapters are ready, and they'll be updated for you daily so please don't forget to make your presence known.

***

57. I need to go

Nandini 's POV

Nathan may have delivered my message to that annoying alpha. I can't wait to see his bum red and bruised next time he comes to see me.

'I hope so. I hope he really hurts his stubborn butt.'

I slumped into my bed and threw my face in my hands. There's nothing I had wanted more than working beside Manik. The need to prove myself is unwavering. I want to show him I am able and I can face the challenges his paranormal world has to offer me.

I don't deny that I was fragile when I came here. Now I am an improved version of myself. I possess all the abilities that are required to survive in this world. With Raghav's shared knowledge and medical training, I am more confident. Vinay has also helped me with some hooks I can use on enemies to protect myself.

Then there's the dagger-- my lucky dagger that is always with me. The same dagger I used to stab Manik during our first meeting.

I was sulking in irritation for not being able to grasp the opportunity to work alongside my alpha boyfriend when I heard the engines of various cars polluting the atmosphere with roaring noise. I hurried to my window to see Manik's black Bugatti, a new car in his collection, wheeling off on the other side of the gate bordering the mansion.

Must be off to the new adventure.

Adventurous. That is how I see every new case he works on. It is an adventure. I know I should treat it as a complicated yet sensitive case; however, has anything about this world been normal since I stepped into it? It hasn't. The world is different, so are the cases, and each one looks like an adventure.

To say I was more interested because it was related to me. The grooming factory has haunted me for weeks. It didn't leave me alone even in my nightmares. I want to help because I know how it feels to be there.

'Exactly! He wants to stop you because you know how it feels to be there.'

'You know how horrible the feeling was.'

'The concussions you had had you whimpering in your sleep and sweat.'

'He wants to keep you protected. Why don't you let it be that way?'

The voice of my conscience interfered. That made me look down at my hands. Manik thinks the bad memories will return if I am let near the hell I escaped. The pain that'll emerge will affect him too since we are now related.

My pain is his. And his mine.

I grabbed my phone from the pillow and opened my gallery. There was an exclusive folder dedicated to Manik. I have taken hundreds of his pictures sometimes when he was looking, sometimes when he was not. Then there were some times when he posed for me like a hot sexy model with his abs on show. Or when his hair after morning bath was ruffled while he's just in a towel around his butt.

His blue eyes penetrated my thoughts. I can feel them taking me in with a possessive gaze. The smile lifted my own lips as I gratefully hugged the phone to my chest.