110. Be a good boy, Mahir

Sooo sorry for being late but with Ramzan ongoing, I couldn't get time to update.

Enjoy your chapter~

Another one coming by 5 00 am (sehri time)

*****

110. Be a good boy, Mahir

Nandini's POV

My legs quivered and the tautness in my knees made my stride slower. I placed a hand on my heart and pushed myself to hurry towards the Principal's cabin in Mahir's school.

My son is four, but every now and again I am summoned to his school to deal with the problems he creates for me. And the Principal rang me up not twenty minutes ago while I was working in the farms. She said it was an emergency and she sounded scared as hell.

"Mrs. Watchman," I set the door ajar and stepped inside, panting.

"Hey, mom! You're quite early this time." Mahir was sitting cross-legged on the couch in Principal Watchman's cabin to her right, giving me a lopsided smile that reminds me of someone I left behind five years ago.

He lifted his tiny right hand to salute at me when I noticed his burst knuckles. Fear roused up in my chest and I rushed towards him. On autopilot I collapsed to my knees and took both his hands to assess if he had more injuries.

"Oh dear, what happened to you? How did you get bruised knuckles, Mahir? Did someone bully you?" I freaked out because my son is my only family and any injury he picks up feels like a deep stab to my heart.

"Bully him? Seriously, Miss Banks! Do you really think someone would bully that little monster of yours?" I swung around slowly to find a woman giving me a devilish narrow eyed stare.

She had a little boy hiding behind her legs. He peeked out and I observed the cuts and blood on his face and hands. I closed my eyes and bit back a sigh, realizing what the emergency exactly was.

"Mrs. Vega, mind your tongue." My eyes enlarged and I quickly turned around to Mahir.

"Shut up. You better keep your mouth shut, Mahir Malhotra!" He twisted his lips like he cared if I was angry and then lowered his eyes.

Getting up, I turned to the principal. The look on her face was enough to convey that my son beat up another kid. And from the looks of the beaten boy, I can bet he's been thrashed badly. The tears in the other boy's eyes and that fearful look also tells me that Mahir embarrassed him in front of others.

"Mrs. Watchman, what exactly happened?" I asked calmly, my eyes on the tired principal.

"Oh well. I am sure you have clear eyesight, Miss. Banks," I sighed as I heard the beaten boy's mother interrupt before Mrs. Watchman said a thing.

She folded her hands and walked ahead. She was dressed finely and her nicely curled hair spoke of her wealth. She struck me as the kind of mother who spends a good three hours in a salon to style their hair before going about their jobs. She hissed and looked behind me at Mahir.

"Your little monster beat my innocent boy for no reason. He just..."

"For no reason?" Mahir cut in. He hopped off the couch and stood next to me.

Head held high, eyes narrowed to slits and mouth twisting in anger, he gritted his teeth, "I get it where your little innocent boy gets the habit of lying. It's you, Mrs. Vega. You are his vicious teacher. Shame on you for raising your son like that."

"Mahir," I gripped his hands and shoved him behind me as I gave him a dark glare.

He didn't care a damn again and hurled a derogatory remark at the beaten boy's mother for being a bad influence on his son.