81. His mate is in a critical condition

Gosh! You flooded me with so many concerning comments. But please, I want to ensure to keep your breathing calm and emotions under check. It is a MANAN story and it will be a happy ending too.

Just keep yourself together and enjoy reading🫶❤️

***

81. His mate is in a critical condition

Manik's POV

When I arrived at the hospital, a bunch of doctors rushed in to help my mate. She was put up on a gurney and taken inside an operation theatre.

I stood there staring at the closed door of the OT when a doctor approached me. His eyes expressed concern as he said, "Alpha, please come with me."

I just wanted my mate to be safe. Hence, I asked the doctor to go into the operation theatre and work with other doctors to treat her. But no words came out of my mouth.

I felt my hands shiver and as I looked at myself, I saw blood that was streaming down my legs and onto the floor. Everything began to blur out. The doctor was there then he was not. The brightness was there then it was a cloud of darkness that took over my vision.

I heard the doctor scream for ward boys as his arms wrapped around me. I was in my senses when they loaded me on another gurney and took me into another operation theatre until a stinging pain crawled into my right arm and I slipped into the realm of nothingness.

When I burst from the cocoon of sedatives into wakefulness, I found myself in a bed. There were bandages around my left shoulder and waist as I laid bare chest. My body ached as I pulled myself up in a sitting position.

'Manik, our mate! Shit!' My wolf exclaimed.

Our mate! We rescued her from the grooming factory auction. It dawned upon me like the melody of a forgotten song, returning to my memory.

Throwing the sheet that was covering my lower body, I stepped out. A gnawing pain rose up the length of my leg. It was bandaged too. However, I didn't let it distract me from seeking my answer. I exited my ward only to run into Raghav, who seemed to be coming in to see me.

"Oh my! Manik, why are you out of your bed?" He gave me a once over, a bunch of stapled reports in his hand.

Grabbing it from him, I sought to read it, "Where's my mate, Raghav? How is she?"

His gasp was so loud that I couldn't focus on the reports I was trying to read. They were mine.

"She's your mate?" He remarked. "The girl you carried in?"

"Fuck, yes. What happened to her, Raghav? Where is she?" I stepped past him to look around me in the corridor, hoping to catch her scent and find her. "Did her surgery go well?"

It took a glare for Raghav to come out of the spell of shock. He flickered his eyes before he replied, "She's she's... Her surgery went well. But..."

"But?" I didn't let him complete as I gripped shoulders and bore my dark eyes into his. "But what, Raghav? Tell me everything in a go. I won't appreciate any dramatic pause or emphasis you fucking doctors include in your explanation. Just tell me, damn it!"

"I'm sorry I was shocked. But I never thought you'd find your mate in such a condition, Manik. She is..." He paused again and instantly regretted it, and continued. "She has been raped multiple times."

"Multiple times?" I shrieked, the images of her pale and sorrowful facade plummeting into my awareness.

Raghav nodded, "Not just her, Manik, every girl in the truck has been. Most of them were butchered and injured. From what I have observed so far, my understanding says they're the girls from the obstinate category."