102. I love her

102. I love her

Manik's POV

"What the hell!" Nathan's exclamation would have been mine if he didn't express his surprise a second earlier than me.

"It's a freaking prison with iron doors." He muttered while I stood rooted to my spot as my men, one by one, barged in with their guns loaded.

My heart stopped for a solid five seconds before it kicked into high gear and climbed its way up my throat. Because if you ask me, it didn't look like prison. It was more of a single section in an asylum with an eerily dark passageway with metal doors on both sides, a small window to peek-in in the center, and two or three of all the lights overhead burning dimly and flickering from time to time.

I ambled behind Nathan and the armed guards as they peeked inside each door through the small window and moved to the other room.

"There are all women in there, Alpha." One of the soldiers who was checking through the rooms said.

"In very bad shape and condition." Resentment rolled through me.

I remained silent and encouraged them to check further. We were half way inside the passage when Nandini's scent hit my nostrils strongly. Siding the guards restlessly, I darted forward and stopped before a locked door.

"Find out how these doors are opened." Nathan promptly exited the passage to bring the housekeeper inside.

He jerked her towards the door and demanded her to unlock it, "I d-don't... I don't..."

Her same old boring song roused my anger. I growled on top of my lungs and pinned her down with a gaze that sent a shiver down her spine. She needed no further verbal orders to do the job. She accessed a small button hidden behind one of the many square shaped tiles on the wall and pressed it.

The door unlatched with a tick sound and I stormed in. Fear made my throat dry like sandpaper. But at the same time, I smiled in relief because Nandini wasn't there.

I inspected the gray and dirty room and ceased my gaze on the floor. It was all dirty and covered with a thick layer of blood. Still wet  It wasn't Nandini's, but I knew it was the same blood that ran in Nandini's bloodstream. The other scent I inspected in the air beside her has to belong to her mother.

Nandini somehow tracked her down and thought she was on her own. Hence, she risked her life and endeavored to get her out of here.

I am amazed by her courage and persistence to release her mother from this dirty hell hole. But it also makes me wonder how she managed to sneak her out to the living room where I found her mother's blood.

There must be guards and the Housekeeper— all keeping a close eye on Nandini.

Then how did she get out of here? And where was she taken if she is not in the mansion anywhere?

'Ask the Housekeeper, Manik.' My wolf suggested. 'She appears to be Stanley Archibald's confidant.'

I pursed my lips and aggressively turned behind to regard the housekeeper. She was sweaty and hyperventilating. I gestured to a soldier to pull her forward, and he did it quite harshly— served that bitch right, and brought her in front of me.

"I... I d-don't, I don't..." She stammered, her words a jumble in her mind as fear engulfed her.

"Speak up before I kill you." I dipped my chin as my soldier stuck out a blade and pointed it at her throat.

She shivered like a leaf under torrential rain, and blurted out, "I just fo-followed my employer's order, sir. I don't... I don't..."

My soldier sent the tip of the blade through her belly. I guess he was as pissed as me because of her repetition. She collapsed on her knees and winced. But the puncture was caused in a spot that wouldn't kill her due to bleeding. It would only cause her mild pain.