109. Move on, Manik

Hiii, your chapter is here🙃

Since everyone seemed to enjoy the story i thought the target will be achieved within a few days. But.... Anyways, here's your chapter.

Enjoy reading 🫡🙂

***

109. Move on, Manik

Manik's POV

5 years later,

"Alpha Manik," I looked up from my laptop towards the door.

Nathan was standing with a crying Lelah in his arms. At once, I got up and closed the gap between us. Taking Lelah in my arms, I kissed her hair and held her gently to my chest.

"She's been crying a lot. She refuses to go to school." Nathan said while Lelah hid her face in my chest.

"Is that true, bunny?" Lelah reluctantly looked up and blinked her wet lashes.

"You loved to go to school, didn't you? Why would my sweet bunny baby say no to going to school today?" I took her to my desk and sat her down next to my laptop.

She loved cookies so I carried them everywhere with me. Or had them stored in a jar around me.

My daughter was sensitive to harsh tones and dark glares. Sometimes I unexpectedly scared her, bringing tears to her shiny doey orbs. Hence, I kept cookies with me to make sure my daughter was distracted from my rare outbursts... But scary ones.

"Hey, is something bothering my daughter at school? Any bully?" I hope they dare not.

I am super possessive towards my daughter. After all, she's all that I have left in my life.

Lelah sobbed cutely as she took a bite of the cookie. She pouted cutely and looked up at me with a look that skipped my heart. A painful look with teary eyes.

Fuck. I want to destroy the world if that's what it'd take to wipe that look out of her face.

"What is it, darling?" I kissed her bare feet and removed her chaotic open hair out of her face.

"Our class is celebrating cooking day today, daddy. We have to bring our mommies to school to cook together. But I don't have one." She pouted as new tears escaped her eyes.

I looked away and nibbled onto my bottom lip. Emotions burned in my chest as I pulled Lelah to my chest to kiss her hair again.

"I can go with you if you..."

"Only mommies can come." She meekly said. "Apart from that, Mary made fun of me yesterday, saying that since I don't have a mamma I will bring my father like always. Everyone has a mommy, daddy. Where is my mommy?"

Exhaling a shivery breath, I forced a smile at Lelah. I gave her another cookie and she smiled in gratitude.

"Your mommy is with the moon goddess, bunny."

"Why don't you tell the moon goddess to give her back to me? I need my mommy. Everyone at school talks about their mommies and how much she loves them. I want to talk about her, too."

I licked my lips and smiled at her again, "You wanted to watch the new Barbie movie, didn't you?"

She eagerly nodded. But the questions about her mother were still on her mind. Before she opened her mouth and asked another question I couldn't answer, I picked her up and took her to my room.

I turned the television on and played the new Barbie movie. Lelah forgot about the cooking day and was engrossed in the movie.

"Do you want popcorn?"