Chapter 25. Praying For Her Goodness

Manik's POV

I rushed to the hospital with an unconscious, half naked Nandini in my arms only covered in a thin t-shirt of mine.

There was no use of taking her to the mansion as Raghav was injured himself. His head endured an injury and he was himself hurried under medical care along with others.

I wish I could torture the rogues more. I had the very intention when I left my house until I the saw scene unfolding across my eyes. Something just swept through me and I couldn't hold back the desire of chopping those bastards into pieces with my sword.

An anonymous fire of disappointment burned in my chest when I witnessed them all around a helpless Nandini.

"It's okay Nandini, you will be fine." She whimpered in my arms as I laid her on a stretcher.

A team of doctors hurried towards me. Their surprise stricken face stared at me as I pointed at Nandini.

"She's persevered severe injuries, doc. I order you to appraise her. I want her awake in an hour." I didn't know what I was saying.

It was only her colorless face I saw everywhere. She was not in her senses and still her body trembled. She was incoherently murmuring something that I perceived as pleas. She wanted to be left alone.

"She seems traumatized, alpha." The doctor uttered and dragged her stretcher inside the OT.

I was left outside the room with a heart that refused to rest down. My wolf was restless too. She was not my mate but her condition made me feel hollow inside as though I had a deep relation with her.

I wandered to and fro, my eyes desperately peering at the nurses and doctors rushing in and out of the theatre. They didn't forget to acknowledge my presence with a respectful bow or a nod every time they saw me there. I scented the salt of her tears in the air.

The interiors of the Operation Theatre was sound proof. I can't hear the doctor's conversation but the looks of the nurses' countenance and their soft smiled directed towards me extended some relief to me.

I settled in a four-seater by the wall as I bit my nails. My heart won't settle down. My emotions are soaring high in desperation. The images of Nandini surrounded by rogues haunt my mind. What is she? I want to know her all of a sudden now. I want to know everything about her.

Many women crossed my path. From shifters to warrior she-wolves. I have encountered beautiful yet dangerous mermaids from the sea of Atlanta yet I never ran into a mortal woman I like her.

My impression on humans had not been good. They bored me. The scent of their fear made me dislike them. I assumed them as the weakest living being alive. Nandini Murthy is an exception. She not only caught my eyes over the first meeting but she also makes me want to know every phase of her life.

It is hard to wait until she opens her eyes thus I rung my beta, Nathan, a thirty year old clever wolf. He was a warrior and preparing to become the trainer of our fight wolves. I picked him to be my beta during my visit to our training centre, where he put on a show i was flattered by.

"Hello, Alpha," He spoke.

Cheered by his motivated voice, I relaxed in the seat and shared, "Nandini Murthy, the mortal member of our pack, I want each and every information about her."

"You mean the gorgeous mortal Alpha Manav saved from the River island?" My jaw tightened.

Fuelled up by Nathan's way of describing Nandini, I growled in response. I do not own her. She is not even a lover of mine and I still feel like I have some sort of claim over her.

"I... I am sorry, Alpha. But that is how she is known inside the pack." Nathan said. "She is quite popular among the wolves. Whoever has seen her sing about her beauty and there is hardly any person who knows her real name. They just know her to be a gorgeous mortal residing under the protective walls of your mansion. Some wolves even said that Alpha Manav let her seek shelter in his mansion because he wants to offer her to his son, that is you."

That made me growl louder. My skin heated up. Except the last part, nothing sounded appealing to my ears.

I was not in my own control and my canines grew out. I was unable to hold emotions I never experienced before. How dare the wolves talk about her? Now I can perceive why there was crazy inflow of visitors in my coronation day. They apparently came to catch a glimpse of Nandini.

'Thankfully she was not present.' My wolf commented.

I do not feel good about her absence since she was under the care of doctors in the medical room. Anyway this realization relaxes my muscles. It was good I hurt Nandini and she had to undergo medical attention which prevented her from joining my coronation.

"I don't fucking want to hear that again, Nathan." It came deep from my lungs. "Just do as I say, and if possible, see to it that no wolf talks about Nandini. I don't want to hear them discussing her."

Nathan was confused by the intensity of my words. He didn't object my commands and politely disconnected the call so he could work towards accomplishment of the task I handed over him.

Just as I stuffed the phone back into the pocket of my jeans, the doors of the operation theatre flung open. Doctors walked out, extracting their gloves and masks. I eagerly rose to my feet and watched them share signals and turn to face me.

"She didn't incur critical physical damage, Alpha. There are deep cuts and bruises but they will heal." One of them announced.

I looked ceiling-wards and smiled. Moon goddess listened to my prayers.

"But," My smile shrunk, I was forced to meet their eyes again.

"But what, doctor?" I hope it is not serous.

The doctors looked at each other again, "Erm, Alpha, she's under mortifying trauma. In spite of supplying sedatives, she won't relax down."

I wasn't thinking with my mind for I pushed the doctors aside and leapt towards the OT. Just then the nurses dragged Nandini out on a stretcher. They were shifting her into a ward.

"To the private one," I commanded, making them change their direction to the vip section from the ones limited for commoner.

Her countenance was void of color. I was able to observe the distribution of vessels on her cheeks. There were cracks on her lips I have once seen naturally tint. She was laying peacefully like sleeping beauty while I sat in a stool next to her bed.

I just disseminated the message to my father that Nandini had been rescued and brought to their concerned hospital. Dad and mom were on their way to see her. As much as I want Nandini to wake up, I want my parents to not arrive.

My heart throbs at the thought of mom's vexation. She will sue me for throwing Nandini in this condition. On the other hand, dad won't be much disappointed as he comprehends the feelings I had for Nandini. But still I am hesitant to let them see Nandini in this state since they promised to never ever let anything get her.

"I am not sure how you will react when you open your eyes, Nandini. I just want you to know I will be nicer to you even if you extend your deepest resentment for sending you in trouble." My face buried in her palm that I was holding and closed my eyes.

The day had been mercilessly long and tiring. I hope to rise by the sight of you stroking my hair, Nandini.

Tbc...

I think we need to change the targets from accomplishing votes to comments because the votes target is achieved in days 😕 this chapter was written long back when I uploaded the previous one.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy the chapter. I'll upload the next in sometime.

Loyal readers don't forget to comment please. Vote too.