74. Carrying the Alpha's baby

Nandini's POV

Tears of happiness joined me in the celebration as I inked at the pregnancy test in my hand, my eyes widening with something more than shock and excitement.

Damn. When I started feeling sick I only had a little hope of my weakness being the outcome of pregnancy. I couldn't confirm it for five days straight as I got busy with the preparations for Alpha Manav's birthday that is on the coming Tuesday.

Today being Saturday, I found an excuse to visit the pack's hospital and got myself a testing kit.

All this while I allowed everyone to blame the change in environment.  Thank goodness I didn’t let Raghav check on me. He would have comprehended my pregnancy just at the first view.

But he is not in the pack. So it is a relief. And since I am a doctor myself, I didn’t have to bear anyone forcing me to go see another doctor.

I raised the test result and took a deep breath. The two red lines forced another smile on my face. Rubbing a hand on my belly I imagined what it would be like to hold my newborn in my hands.

How would it be to have Manik holding our little human?

Oh Manik! He deserves to know it.

Taking a picture of the test, I forwarded it to him with a caption, 'Congratulations! You're going to be a father, Alpha Manik. I am carrying your cub.'

I hit send. Though Manik's response had been limited to reactions and one word replies. This would make him take out time and finally come home to see me. He's not been home since that day and I miss him so much.

Getting up, I wrapped the test kit in a tissue and put it in the cabinet holding medicines behind the mirror. I came out and grinned at everyone I met.

The mansion is being bridaled up for Alpha Manav's forty-eighth birthday. I was strictly warned to stay out of the preparation job but I couldn't hold the urge to help. There's no work in the hospital that needs me or anyone falling sick or getting injured in the mansion either.

I'm on my own and for the bed to embrace me as Luna Arti had cautioned me to stay home and rest. The woman has been caring for me like a mother. Not even for once did she doubt my symptoms and I am glad to all the gods for not letting it strike her mind yet.

Come to think of it, I will have to stay out of Luna and other women’s gazes in the mansion henceforth. They didn't get the hint in the previous days doesn't mean they will not notice it at all. They will look through and recognize that I am not sick.

"Nandini, good you appeared." I was taken aback at the powerful sound of Luna's voice.

She wrapped her hands around my shoulders, "You look lively with all the colors back in your cheek."

"Y-yeah, I feel much better." What the hell is wrong with me?

The more I tried to sound normal, the fearfully tensed my voice spilled out. But a profound sense of gratitude spread through me for she didn't apprehend it. Rather she took me to the plush couch and pointed at the tablet on the table as we sat down.

"I am confused about the cake, Nandini. Manav loves almond and honey flavor but it's the only flavour he eats all the time. He wouldn't like it I know but I want to order something else for a change."

"Doesn't he get bored?"

She laughed sarcastically before pulling a face, "You bet he doesn't. You can give it to him for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he wouldn't complain."