Chapter 20. Slap

Manik's POV

"Mmm, the coffee is good. Who made it?" I raised my eyebrows of satisfaction and looked into the cup holding the brewing fragrant black coffee.

My mom gave me a twisted look and after gritting her teeth, "Your future Luna!" She said.

I laughed and put my head into her lap not before placing the cup aside. I know it was made by her. No one can make such tasty coffee than my mom. It is just that I wanted to tease her! I like how her big eyes widen even bigger and throw spears of anger at me.

"She must be a good chef, right? I love this coffee a lot." She rolled her eyes.

Mom didn't comment. I didn't want to drag this further for my mother is the most tempered wolf in this whole mansion. I inherited it from her.

"Okay okay, I love it a lot, Ma. I don't think anyone can meet my expectations for coffee better than you. You are my chef Mamma." I kissed her knuckles.

She scoffed in sarcasm. It is not easy to convince her. "Your coffee is getting cold." She pointed.

I picked it up and gulped it down my throat in three to four swallows. Then I came back to her, putting my head in her lap. I enjoy being loved by her. This was missed brutally and I honestly dreamed of my mom caressing my head until I fell back asleep.

I was relishing the moment. The tag of an alpha before my name seemed to have faded out. I felt like the five year old Manik who loved his mother's pampering. Loved how her soft fingers grazed my hair and kissed my cheeks lovingly.

Sleep was overpowering my senses. I was on the verge of calling it a day for myself though the sun had just started sinking off. Cold breeze was tickling my skin, sending me into a comfortable world enough to sleep peacefully without any issues when mom coughed.

"I heard you sent Nandini on an exploration trip with Raghav and his assistants?" I suddenly grew rigid, sleep filtering out of my eyes.

Straightening my back, I sat straight and frowned, "Did you really have to raise her topic at this hour of the evening mom."

I fisted my fingers on my side as I closed my eyes to suppress my anger. I don't want my mother to look at my beast side that appears through my dark eyes whenever I am pissed off. It causes my pupils to dilate and mouth to twist in such a way that it appears as if I would eat people alive.

"I was falling in a sweet and very much needed sleep, mom." I got out of the bed and strode to the window.

The world was blanketed in a orangish hue as the sun slowly cascaded below the earth behind the buildings. I saw the birds flying back to their nests and the air suddenly becoming menacing silent and warm.

"I don't understand what makes you hate her so much, Manik. She's so sweet." She said.

I tilted my head to one side and passed her a look of uncertainty and disappointment.

"Sweet?" I laughed sarcastically. "Should I show you the sweet scar she's carved in my skin, mom? It has completely healed but the scar would never fade away. So will my memory. I refuse to let go, mom. She dared to hurt me in my own house. What's more... "

I looked outside the window, "She refuses to accept me as her alpha."

"What? That must not be the truth." I rolled my eyes while my mom gasped.

I don't understand why they all love her so freaking much? Yeah, I agree she's beautiful. So what? She is still a mortal with an annoying personality.

She has to be the first human who's managed to hurt my ego as well my body. That is enough to play with her as my toy.

I purposely sent her to the woods with Raghav. She won't be able to persist the dangers prevailing in there and come home with big fat tears in the eyes. I want to see her broken just like my skin she's torn with a dagger. A day in the woods among some of the most perilous animals and creatures will bring her to her senses. She'll know her worth and stop messing with me and surely kneel across me.

"Nandini is not like that, Manik. She will do anything but disrespect you." My mouth dropped.

I can't believe my mom was back to defending that viper. Although she worked on her promise to not meet Nandini, she was here taking her back in front of me as if I were a liar. But an alpha does not lie.

"She did, mom. She refused to bend her knees for me and bow." I said. "I had kindly asked her to take an oath that she will always be loyal to me, her new alpha and the protector of the pack, as one of the members of the pack but she refused. She won't bend her knees or bow. And her words were curt and boastful. She is a rebel, mom."

I looked at her. I must be dreaming for I saw her eyes oozing exasperation. Not towards her- but ME? She was throwing daggers at me as though I humiliated her precious daughter.

"Mom?" I shook her shoulder in order to break her trance.

She jerked my hand away and scowled, knocking breaths out of my lungs.

"You asked her to kneel for you, Manik?!" Her eyebrows flickered in a frown. "How could you ask her to bend her knees for you, Manik?"

"What's wrong about that, mom? All the members have to in front their alpha. She was the only one remaining. Is she not a part of the pack now?"

"She is, but she don't have to bend her knees to you. She couldn't. Haven't you seen her bruises? The cuts on her ankles or the blue marks on her wrists. She's gone through the worst suffering, Manik." Her mouth tightened in a thin line.

"So what, mom? She's been bought." I shrugged my shoulders as if I was stating a fact. "Purchased women are ill treated in the factories due to their behaviours. So was she. That does not mean I will spare her as an alpha. The rules are same for every member in Full Moon Pack. If wolves can bend their knees despite having cracked bones, she can too."

"She must have done that for the males in the grooming fac-" My brains were blown and the other half of my sentence was cut short as a hard blow befell on my cheek.

Her countenance was immobile and she glared at me with wrathful eyes.

"M-mom?"

"Don't you dare open your mouth again, Manik Malhotra. Don't you even dare." I stared at her pointed finger then at her face.

Tbc...

Here's a new chapter. It's time that Manik realize that his thinking towards her is so wrong. Don't you think?

Hope the chapter was good and you liked it. Don't forget to comment and vote.