Chapter 13. Manik Malhotra- The Alpha To Be

Nandini POV

My skin burned with noticeable goosebumps. I was forced to enlarge my eyes more than they could afford as my mouth was held tightly. My lips hurt given that they pressed right against my teeth and since my mouth was partially about, the edges of teeth hurt my soft lips.

"Who the hell are you?" A heavy and rough voice broke near my right ear.

It was a guy and his jaw was grinding against my ear. I tried to throw my hands and legs and the candle dropped on the floor. It didn't stop burning. There was a spooky glow around us.

Our shadows casting above our heads on the ceiling going higher and higher. The chandelier behind him suddenly rocked and the crystals clinked generating a music only I have listened in horror movies at the wrong time.

"Speak up, woman!" This time his pitch inclined accelerating my already racing heart beats.

I was strong. I had always been. There is no way I was going to let a rogue control me. No matter he was a wolf, I was not scared. At least, I thoughts so. And with that thought, I gathered all my strength and sent my right heel under his legs.

"Stupid woman, do you really think you can stand across a wolf huh!! Dumb ass!" But oh, he proved my endeavour as foolish as it could be on a moment like this when he tackled the shot.

Then he yanked my hands over my head before I perceived it coming and pushed me to the nearest wall. My eyes met his and a scorching wave of heat pooled between my legs. Gosh, he was..... Fucking gorgeous. In a dangerous way.

Intense charcoal shade pupils glared at me. A kissable mouth twisted in exasperation. There was flimsy visibility of stubble on his sharp jaw and loads and loads of anger on his straight nose. Not to mention he was quite tall.

Under that circumstance, I felt like a mere baby kitten stuck in a polar bear's trap. He was standing to his full height with one hand grabbing both my wrists above my head and the other beside my face on the wall. I was barely coming under his chin hence he had to lower his face to meet my eyes.

The pool of heat intensified and I can feel its impact on my head in the form of sweat beads

The pool of heat intensified and I can feel its impact on my head in the form of sweat beads. And on my freaking lips as they quivered.

His eyes travelled to my mouth from my eyes and halted there for a split second before he looked back up again.

"Aah!" He put pressure on my wrists those were in the process of healing.

Now I should think about more bruises I would see on my wrists after escaping him. He's surely going to leave me incapable of using my hands for weeks.

"Who the fucking hell are you? What are you doing here? Tell me if you don't want to die. Who sent you here?" His alarming voice vibrated my lips.

The back of my eyes burned her I was not ready to give in. I wouldn't ever so do in front of a bloody rogue.

"Are you one of those cons? Speak up bitch!" He screamed assuming that it would scare me off.