Episode 3: Challenge of the Samurai

Somewhere in the Viridian Forest, Mew, Misty, Pikachu, and Eevee are now on the trail on their journey and hope to get to the next town before nightfall. The one who really wants to get out of the forest as soon as possible is Misty. Suddenly, Misty lets out a frightened scream and hides behind Mew.

Mew turns her head to Misty and asks, "What's wrong now?"

"Look, over there!" Misty says, scared.

Mew looks where Misty is pointing to, and it's a small bug Pokemon, a small green caterpillar with a yellow underside and teardrop-shaped tail. There are yellow ring-shaped markings down the sides of its segmented body, which resemble its eyes, and a bright red antenna on its head.

"Cool, it's a Caterpie," Mew says.

And brings out her Pokedex, Dexter says, "Caterpie, the Worm Pokemon. A Bug Type. Caterpie uses the suction cups on its feet to climb trees and feed on its favorite leaves."

"Even if it is a Pokemon, bugs are disgusting and I don't like them. Do something," Misty whines and panics.

"It's okay. Caterpie won't hurt us. I think it's kind of cute," Mew says.

Mew then walks to Caterpie and kneels down to it, "Hello Caterpie, it sure is a nice day today."

Caterpie begins to walk, (It sure is. It seems like a nice and quiet day. I'm also trying to figure out how to become strong and evolve someday."

"Evolve huh? Maybe you can come with us?" Mew replies.

Caterpie says, (Really?)

"Yeah. I'm actually a Pokemon trainer and I can help you become stronger and help you evolve," Mew says.

Caterpie then asks, (You can understand me?)

"Yep," Mew answers.

(Sure. I'll come with you. You seem like a nice trainer and you can help me become strong so I can fly like a Butterfree someday. Plus, it seems interesting to have a conversation with a human,) Caterpie says.

"Well then, welcome to the team," Mew says, and taps Caterpie with her Pokeball.

Capterpie goes inside and is caught.

"Hey Pikachu. Eevee. We got a new friend," Mew happily says.

"Pika," (A new friend.) Pikachu says, happily.

"Eev,"(Yay) Eevee happily says.

Misty panics, "Why did you have to capture a Capterpie, can't you catch uh, I don't know, anything but a bug!"

Suddenly, Misty notices something and screams in a panic. Then jumps on a tree branch and hangs on to it.

"What's wrong this time?" Mew asks.

"I think I saw another bug! Gross!" Misty screaming, pointing towards the bug.

Mew turns and looks to see a small larval Pokémon with a segmented body ranging in color from yellow to reddish-brown. Each segment of its body is a sphere. It has a bulbous red nose, two small, black eyes on its face and two spherical feet on each body segment, and a conical, two-inch stinger on its head and a barbed one on its tail."

"It's a Weedle," Mew says.

Then brings out her Pokedex, Dexter says. "Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokemon. A Bug and Poison Type. The stinger on this Pokémon's head guarantees that any attacker will get the point right where it hurts."

"Yep. It's a Poison Type alright, besides being a bug type," Mew says.

"Why are you excited about a bug with a stinger? Make it go away!" Misty screams.