Episode 9: Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village

Mew and her friends are continuing to travel through the forest to get to Vermilion City for Mew's next Gym Battle. Of course, having to rely on instinct is not always easy, and can sometimes lead to trouble.

Misty sighs, "Phew, I'm getting a little tired."

"Yeah. We've been walking down this forest for a while now. So much for taking a shortcut," Mew says.

"Yeah, but this was your idea to go through the forest. I know you're used to it since you lived in one, but we've been walking for hours," Misty says.

"We're not exactly forest experts," Brock says.

"Okay. I say let's take a break and have some lunch," Mew says.

"Pika," (Sounds good to me.) Pikachu says.

"Eevee," (Let's eat.) Eevee replies.

The group soon sits on some stumps and small boulders to have a lunch break. As they eat, Mew turns her head to see a Pokemon drinking some water from a small pond. The Pokemon is a small blue Pokemon with five leaves on its head and only has feet, eyes, and a mouth.

"Look, it's an Oddish," Mew says.

She takes out her Pokedex, and Dexter says, "Oddish, the Weed Pokemon. A Grass and Poison Type. This Pokemon is typically found roaming the forest scattering pollen as it walks around.

Misty suddenly holds out her Pokeball, "Well then, I'm gonna catch that Pokemon."

"You are? How come?" Mew asks.

"We found it around the water, and water is my specialty," Misty answers.

The girls then turn their heads to see Oddish running away.

Then throws her Pokeball, "Go, Starmie!"

Starmie then comes out of the Pokeball and lands in front of Oddish before it could escape.

Misty then calls out, "Water Gun, now!"

Starmie sprays Oddish and is sent flying.

"Now that's the way to spray! Tackle it, Starmie!" Misty calls out.

Starmie's attack lands on Oddish and is knocked out while it's upside down.

"That weakened it! Gotta catch it, now! Pokeball, go!" Misty says, and throws her Pokeball to catch it.

Suddenly, something whacks her Pokeball away.

Misty says in shock, "Uh oh."

They soon see a Pokemon in front of Oddish with anger. It's a small, quadruped Pokémon that has blue-green skin with darker patches. It has red eyes with white pupils, pointed, ear-like structures on top of its head, and a short, blunt snout with a wide mouth. A pair of small, pointed teeth are visible in the upper jaw when its mouth is open. Each of its thick legs ends with three sharp claws. On its back is a green plant bulb.

"Whoa! What's that?!" Brock says, surprised.

"Isn't that a Bulbasaur," Mew says.

She brings out her Pokedex and Dexter says, "Bulbasaur the Seed Pokemon. A Grass and Poison Type. It bares the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasur are extremely tough and are very difficult to capture in the wild."

Bulbasaur then uses Tackle attack on Starmie and it's a direct hit.

Misty catches Starmie and asks in concern, "Oh! Oh, Starmie! Are you okay?"

"I don't think that Bulbasaur is going to let us get that Oddish that easily," Mew says.

"Why'd you say that?" Misty asks.