Episode 10: Charmander, the Stray Pokémon

After Bulbasaur and Oddish join their team, Mew and her friends continue to travel to find Vermilion City, but their travel plans have a bit of a snag.

Mew looks around as she says. "Just Spearow. Spearow. And more Spearow."

"Well, that's the least of our worries, isn't it?" Misty comments.

"That's true. Once again, we got lost," Mew says.

"I just can't go one step further," Misty says, tired.

Then shouts, "We've been looking for Vermilion City for ten whole days!"

Suddenly, Brock notices something, "Uh, there's a bug right on your..."

Misty screams and panics, "Get it away!" Then jumps on Mew's back.

Brock then picks up something, "It was just a piece of grass."

Misty is not pleased to hear it as Brock laughs. Then kicks Brock in the face, making him fall to the ground.

Misty screams in agony, "I'm going crazy! Where are we?!"

Mew looks at the map and says, "According to this, we're right in the middle of nowhere."

Then shows it to the other as she points to a specific location, "But it looks like Route 24 leads to Vermilion City."

"Does this trail take us to Route 24?" Misty asks, excited.

"According to my calculations, it does, And it said there's a Pokemon Center close by," Mew

"All right! Then let's get this show on the road!" Misty happily says.

Misty begins to walk down the trail until she sees a shadowy figure. She looks up to see a large figure.

Misty calls out, "Hey Mew, take a look at this thing!"

"It looks like some kind of giant Pokemon!" Mew says.

Pikachu and Eevee are confused.

The group looks to see a large rock. On the rock is a bipedal, reptilian Pokémon with a primarily orange body and blue eyes. Its underside from the chest down and the soles of its feet are cream-colored. It has two small fangs visible in its upper jaw and two smaller fangs in its lower jaw. A fire burns at the tip of its slender tail.

"A Charmander," Brock confirms.

Charmander then lets out a yawn, making the group fall over in disbelief.

Soon enough, Mew brings out her Pokedex, and Dexter says, "Charmander the Lizard Pokemon. A Fire Type. A flame burns on the tip of its tail from birth. It is said that a Charmander dies if its flame ever goes out."

"That sounds sad. It's strange that we found a Charmander all the way out here," Mew says

"Maybe so, but it looks like it's in bad shape," Misty says.

"Yeah, catch it and we'll take it to a Pokemon Center for help," Brock says.

"Good idea," Mew says.

She then throws her Pokeball to catch Charmander. The Pokeball spins and heads towards Charmander, but Charmander then whacks it with its tails and lands on the ground.

Confused, Mew says, "It looks pretty healthy to me. You think I should have Pikachu battle it first to weaken it and make it easier to catch?"

"Why don't you let me catch it? My water Pokemon would be stronger against Charmander," Misty suggests.

But Mew says, "Hold on a minute! Take a look at the flame on its tail."

The group looks to see the tail flame is very low and Charmander is panting.