Episode 7: The Path to the Pokemon League

With two badges in Mew's hand, she along with her Pokemon friends, Pikachu and Eevee, human friends Misty and Brock continue on their journey.

Mew turns to Misty and asks, "So Misty, you said that we're going to Vermilion City, right?"

"That's right. It's got a luxury cruise ship, and I'm dying to see it," Misty happily says.

"Sounds exciting, but I'm also hoping to get another gym to have another battle," Mew says.

"I've heard that there's a really great gym in Vermilion," Brock says.

"Really?" Mew asks.

"Yeah. I heard that he's a tough trainer who specializes in Electric types," Misty says.

"Sounds good to me, that means My Pokemon and I could do some training," Mew says.

"Best to be careful, there are a lot of tough trainers here," Misty says.

"We will," Mew says.

Sometime later, Mew and her friends have already come across a few trainers who want to battle. Mew accepts the challenge and is able to defeat them all with her Pokemon. Now, she is battling another trainer with a Rattata. She is battling with her Pidgeotto.

Mew calls out, "Pidgeotto, finish it!"

Pidgeotto then finishes the final attack on Rattata and knocks it out.

"Oh! Rattata!" The trainer says, seeing his Pokemon defeated.

Brock turns to Misty, "Talk about a winning steak."

"Yeah. That's her tenth win," Misty replies.

The trainer walks to Mew and says, "You're a really great Pokemon trainer."

The two then shake hands for having a great battle.

"Thanks. You're a good trainer yourself," Mew says.

"Thanks. I bet you could even beat A.J.!" The trainer says.

"A.J.?" Mew says, confused.

"Yeah! He lives over there! A.J. trains savage Pokemon, he owns his own gym. He's never lost a single match," The trainer replies. Then points towards the woods.

"Hmm, sounds interesting. I like to check it out," Mew says with glee.

Soon, the gang arrives at A.J's gym. It has a big tent with a semi circle roof with yellow and pink stripes and behind a wooden. It has a sign that reads A.J.'s Gym Undefeated! Wins: 98. Lose: 0. Note: Gym not Sanctioned by Pokemon League.

"Hmm, so this gym is not involved with the Pokemon League," Misty says.

"Guess not. He must be a strong trainer to have 98 wins and no losses," Mew replies.

Suddenly, a boy's voice sternly asks, "Are you my next victim?"

The group turns their heads to see a boy that has spiky green, black and white shiny hair. He wears a black and red short, blue shorts, orange shoes, and is holding black backpack.

"Um, I'm guessing you're A.J the wild Pokemon trainer?" Mew asks.

"Humph! That's my job. But beatin' chumps like you is my hobby. Ready to lose," A.J. says.

Just then, the gate to the gym opens to reveal the large tent, and in front of the tent is a battlefield.

"Wow!" Mew says, amazed.

"Now THIS is not too shabby at all," Misty says.

A.J. then removes his backpack and places it on the ground. Then a Butterfree comes out and takes the backpack away.