Episode 52: Riddle Me This

Mew and her friends are riding on the ship to head to their next destination, Cinnabar Island. It's where Mew will be challenging for her seventh badge. The group are relaxing outside as they feel the wind in their hair and wait til they get to the island.

"I can't wait till we get to Cinnabar, it's supposed to be beautiful," Misty says.

"It's got an awesome volcano. Best of all, its Pokemon Research Laboratory is one of the best in the world. Trainers come from all over to learn the latest Pokemon techniques," Brock says.

"Yeah. Professor Oak said that's where we can get our fossils restored. And the Cinnabar Gym is where I'm going to get my seventh badge," Mew says.

Tomo and the Pokemon look at the sea.

Suddenly, they hear Gary's voice, "Hey Mew, you're here too!"

Mew and her friends turn their heads to see Gary Oak and are dressed for vacation.

"Gary? You're going to Cinnabar Island?!" Mew asks, surprised

"That's right," Gary says.

Mew asks, "Are you here for your next Gym Battle too?"

"Oh, so you didn't know. Pokemon trainers haven't gone to Cinnabar Island since you and my grandfather's days as a trainer!These people are all tourists. Cinnabar Island's a resort!" Gary says.

"A resort?" Mew and Tomo say, confused.

Then Gary says, "Actually, I've earned so many badges already, I'm taking a break to work on my tan."

Mew giggles, "A tan huh?"

"From what I've heard, Cinnabar Island doesn't even have a Pokemon gym anymore," Gary says.

"Really? That's too bad," Mew says.

Sometime later, Mew and her friends arrived at Cinnabar Island. To their surprise, Gary is right, the place looks more like a Resort.

"Maybe Gary was right," Mew says.

"This place is a tourist trap," Misty says.

"Might as well look around," Brock says.

The group then begins to look around the island, and so far, all they mostly see are tourist attractions like stores, souvenir shops, restaurants, and even resort hotels.

Brock looks around and says, "No sign of a Pokemon gym, but there sure are a lot of tourists around here. There're so many nice islands, I wonder why this one became so popular."

Suddenly, someone stops in front of them. It's a man with long brown hair, a brown mustache, wearing sunglasses, a green beaded necklace, a red short, and black pants.

The man says, "The answer is a riddle. What do tourists think is hot and cool?"

"A riddle?" Mew says, confused.

Soon, group begins to think

Then Misty says, "Hot springs are really hot, and.. And tourists think they're cool!

The man says, "That's right! You see, friends, because of the volcano, there are lots of hot springs here on Cinnabar Island. And every year, more and more tourists come to visit em. Now, they've even taken over Cinnabar Island. Trainers don't come anymore."

Then dramatically says, "Tourists! They've ruined the island!"

Mew then asks, "Is the Pokemon gym still here? I want to battle and earn a Volcano Badge?"

"I heard that the gym leader was a guy named Blaine," Misty says.

"His gym, is right where you put your glasses," The man says.