Episode 44: Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon

Mew and her friends have just arrived at a place called Grandpa Canyon. There are big mountains and canyons, and the sun is bright and hot. Soon enough, they come across a sign that has a shovel and pickaxe. Suddenly, they notice something that catches their attention.

Mew calls out, "Hey, what's going on down there?"

Everyone looks to see a large row of people are heading into the canyon with picks, shovels, and other supplies.

Curious, Mew wonders, "I wonder what everyone is doing with those picks and shovels."

Suddenly, someone asks, "You mean you don't know."

The group turns their heads to see Gary Oak wearing an outfit something out of an archaeological adventure movie.

"You're a little late, huh Mew Mew?" Gary says, in a slight mocking tone.

"Gary?" Mew says surprised.

She walks over to him and asks, "Why are you dressed like that?"

"Don't tell me you never heard about the Pokemon discovery. Even you should have heard about the Great Fossil Rush," Gary says.

"The Great Fossil Rush?" The group says confused.

"That's right. I gotta find all the fossils quick before anyone else does! Can't waste my precious time," Gary says.

"You do that," Mew says.

Curious, Tomo asks, "Mew, you know him?"

"That's right. Tomo, this is my friend Gary from Pallet Town. Gary, this is Tomo," Mew says.

"Tomo, huh. It's nice to meet you," Gary says.

"Hi," Tomo says.

"Anyway, I better get going before the fossils are gone. You should check it out," Gary says.

Then Gary leaves and gets ready for his fossil finding.

Tomo then asks, "What are fossils?"

"Fossils are remains or impressions of prehistoric Pokemon that have been casted in mold, rocks, or even amber," Mew says.

"Can we look for fossils?" Tomo asks.

"I don't see why not," Mew says.

Then turns to the others, "What do you think, guys?"

"I don't feel right about digging up old Pokemon fossils, especially after they've been resting in the earth for such a long time," Brock says, crossing his arms.

Then Misty says, "If they've been lying underground for thousands of years, maybe they'd like a little fresh air."

"Good one," Mew says.

Soon, everyone in Grandpa Canyon begins digging for Pokemon fossils, including Gary. Soon, he finds something at his digging site.

"Success! My first Pokemon fossil!" Gary says, picking up his stone.

Soon, the lead paleontologist takes the rock and examines it.

"Impressive, isn't it? Found it on my first try. Looks like a brain from an extinct Pokemon," Gary says with confidence.

"This is.." The lead paleontologist says.

"A brain?" Gary guesses.

However, the lead paleontologist, "It's fossilized Pokemon manure."

Gary then falls over in disbelief to hear what he found.

At a different area, Mew and her friends begin to search for fossils themselves. Even Pikachu and Eevee are digging to find something interesting. Soon, Tomo ends up finding something. He picks it up to reveal a gray stone and it seems to have an imprint of a yawn in it.