𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘖𝘕𝘌

𝙼𝚎𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚒 𝙵𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚘'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

         Sometimes when I look at my son's face, I can see the resemblance of his father, Sukuna. Kiro is a wonderful child, he always has been. He listens and learns really well for a child nearing only four years of age, he rarely throws tantrums, and he loves me so much that sometimes I feel it's undeserved. His eyes are a combination of Sukuna's crimson ones and my emerald green ones, they're ethereal to look. I love him with all my heart and I had a lot of support from the people around me to help with my postpartum depression. Never once did I hate Kiro but I had once had the most horrible thought that maybe it would've been better if he was never born. He wouldn't have me as a terrible parent, he wouldn't have to be the son of Sukuna, and I wouldn't have to be reminded of that.

        I will always hate myself for thinking that, even if it was only once. Kiro will never know Sukuna and I hope he never asks about his other parent.

        "Mom, pancakes? Please?" Kiro peaks from around my cracked bedroom door. I make my way over, picking him up and holding him on my hip. It took a long time for me to be able to hold him without panicking. I owe most of my thanks to Okkotsu for all he's done to help me heal from everything. 

       Kiro is in his red pajamas that have black cat faces on it, he really loves that set. 

       For Kiro I had to learn how to cook more than just college survival basics. It was a little difficult at first but Itadori, Inuamki, Junpei, and Okkotsu were there to help and for support. I set Kiro down and began to make him pancakes. It's Monday which means he has preschool and then Junpei picks him up. Junpei had insisted he wanted to do pick ups, saying he has lots of fun spending time with Kiro. I think Junpei is not telling me the truth. I know Kiro is a handful for other people but as long as Junpei wants to do it then I let him. "Junpei is picking you up after school today, remember to be nice to him." I remind, knowing that as perfect as my child is, he's a little monster when I'm not around.

         "Okay." He replies but I already know he's going to give Junpei a hard time. I take out his red plate, putting his small sized pancakes onto it. I pour some syrup, put some butter, and grab him a kids size fork. I set it down in front of him, kissing his chubby cheek before I begin to make my coffee. My career skyrocketed after I won the competition. Satoru and I went forward with our partnership three years ago, one year was mainly filled with bickering, and I have not regretted it once. Our popularity and inspiration to others opened a lot of doors for other things. Our chemistry on the ice is unrivaled. 

          "I want papa Toji." Kiro says with a pouty expression. 

          "He's busy today. Kiro, why don't you like Junpei?" I question curiously. 

          "Too much of a suck up." Kiro answers which I know isn't very mature of me but it makes me giggle. It's true, Junpei does try really hard to be liked by Kiro but I think it's sweet and considerate of him. He's doing his best and I appreciate that about him. 

           "Junpei likes you very much."

            "I love you, mom." Kiro argues. 

            "I know that, silly." I smile, deciding I shouldn't push the subject. I grab my coffee mug and pour the coffee in. I try not to wonder about Sukuna, that part of my life was nearly four years ago. The pain and overwhelming situations... that's over and I don't have to deal with it. At least I was given something wonderful, my Kiro. 

       Kiro has hyperthymesia which is very rare and it's where it allows a person to remember nearly every event in their life with great precision. Kiro never had infantile amnesia, he remembers what it was like when I couldn't even handle the simplest things like holding my own baby without having a panic attack. I worry about it but Kiro's doctor said I shouldn't be. 

      "Mom, I was calling you." Kiro frowns, clutching onto my leg. I didn't even notice he had gotten up. I zone out often without realizing it. 

          "Sorry baby, I was thinking about something." I set my half empty mug down onto the counter and pick him up. "Lets get you dressed and ready for preschool. I'm sure Aster is wondering where you are."

           "Ugh, he's so annoying." 

            "Be nice." I chuckle, carrying him out of the kitchen and upstairs in the direction of his bedroom. I still don't know whether leaving was the right decision, sometimes I worry I made a horrible mistake and Sukuna really could have changed for the better. Then I remember that thinking is naive and that my main priority is my son. Nothing will change that.