𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌

𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖄𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝕬𝖌𝖔

𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉

          Megumi has his knees to his chest, his hands over his ears as hot tears stream down his face. He feels entirely useless and pathetic, he doesn't know what he's doing and he doesn't know who to call. Kiro is crying but Megumi doesn't know what he wants, he's been fed, his diaper has been changed, he's dressed comfortably, he refuses his binky, and he doesn't have a temperature either. Megumi knew parenthood would be difficult but now he feels like he might've been too confident in himself. It feels like his entire life is falling apart and he can't do anything right. 

        He wants Sukuna, he misses him so much.

        "Megumi?" Yuuta calls, knocking on the door. He had received a distressed text from Megumi and came as quickly as he could. He enters the room, taking in the situation. He bends down, placing his hand onto Megumi's knee. "What's going on?" He questions, wanting to get the boy's attention. 

       "I don't know what to do, he just keeps crying. I've checked everything, he's never done this before." Megumi explains, exhaustion affecting his features. His baby is only a few months old and Megumi feels like he's already failed his baby. He can't stand to be near the child though he's certain it's not out of hatred. Megumi knows bonding with Kiro is something important, something he is supposed to do but he finds it extremely difficult to do that. Having those around him as support systems when he's supposed to bond with his baby is incredibly helpful, he had learned from a nurse. Except, Megumi is withdrawing from everyone in his life, all of his friends and his family. In a moment of weakness, he texted Okkotsu about how helpless he feels because he doesn't know what to do. 

      "It's my fault, I thought I could do this. I'm so pathetic. Haven't I suffered enough?" Megumi buries his face in his hands, he doesn't want Yuuta to see him like this. He's a complete wreck, he hasn't slept properly and he's barely eaten this week. 

      "You're not pathetic. Megumi, i'm here for you." Yuuta tells Megumi supportively. He looks over to where the crib is, where Kiro is still crying. He makes his way over, carefully picking up the infant. 

      "Stop! I don't want him to see me!" Megumi immediately refuses but Yuuta sits beside Megumi. Megumi tenses when Yuuta places Kiro on him, chest to chest. With trembling arms, he wraps them around the tiny baby and holds him. Yuuta adjusts himself so he's seated behind Megumi, wrapping an arm around both Kiro and him. Kiro feels so light, Megumi despises himself for lacking a bond with the baby. 

      Kiro's cries begin to die down, his little hands gripping onto Megumi's shirt. "You both need to rest, Megumi. You can sleep, I'll be right here." Yuuta reassures. Megumi feels Yuuta behind him, his voice soothing and helping calm him from completely falling apart. 

      "How did you know this would work?" Megumi sniffles. Kiro reminds him of Sukuna and it only increases his yearning for the father of his child. 

       "I don't think you've done a lot of skin to skin contact, I read that it's important for babies. I know you're hurting, I wish I could take away your pain. Kiro doesn't understand that, all he wants is his food, his binkie, and you. I figured it must be the last one since you said you've tried just about everything." Yuuta explains his thought process. 

     "I don't deserve you, you're always there for me. I'm a horrible person, I'm a terrible parent. He's going to hate me." Megumi can't stop his tears and his fatigue is drawing him closer to falling asleep any second. 

       "I promise you that he isn't going to hate you. You're doing your best, Megumi. No parents are perfect, especially when they have their first baby." Yuuta feels Megumi slipping away, his tense body relaxing as he begins to fall asleep. Both Kiro and Megumi have put themselves into a deep sleep from overwhelming themselves. "I love you, Megumi. You're going to be okay, I believe in you." He whispers, pressing a kiss against Megumi's temple.