𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕

𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉

   "You're ten minutes late, 'Gumi. Hey Kiro." Toji picks Kiro up, placing his other hand onto Megumi's back and leads him towards the table where Sera and Vincent are already waiting. "Being near them is torture, how could you leave me alone with them for ten minutes?"

      "Mother, father." Megumi greets his adoptive parents, ignoring Toji's complaints. "There was a little traffic on the way here."

       "As long as you're here." Sera gestures to the open seat that clearly was left for him. He takes a seat while Toji sits with Kiro on his lap. "We have a lot to talk about."

      "A lot of stuff? Like what?" Megumi questions, he was unaware this wasn't just a simple, social visit. Megumi glances at his father who doesn't give anything away with his expression so he looks to Toji, who is preoccupied with Kiro and reading the menu to him. "Is this something that can be said around Kiro?"

      "Of course, what do you think we're going to talk about?"

      "I don't know, Mother." Megumi sighs, already having a bad feeling about this conversation.

      "You're not eighteen years old anymore but you're still so young and have so much potential. I want you to be happy." Sera places her hand on top of Megumi's. He feels extremely confused by her vague start. "After what happened, I realized it was foolish of me to expect you to not want a relationship. So, your father and I want to give you an arranged marriage. Someone worthy of you and your status."

      "Woah, where the hell was I for this conversation?" Toji looks at Sera and Vincent in complete disbelief and anger. He can't stand the two of them, they remind him of why he despises the Zen'Ins so much. These two always think they know what's best for Megumi and Toji doesn't like that.

      "Toji, language." Megumi frowns. Toji places his hands over Kiro's ears.

       "Megumi is twenty one, he has his entire life ahead of him. He doesn't need to get married, he's too young. If he wants to get married he should do it with someone he chooses." Toji argues, feeling strongly about the situation because of his own situation with his deceased wife, Megumi's mother.

      "What do you know?" Sera snaps at Toji. "He's twenty one with a child out of wedlock. You know how well that worked out for him when he made his own choice on a partner–"

       "Mother, Kiro is here. This is not something to talk about while he's present. Drop it, now." Megumi demands, narrowing his eyes at her. He wants to protect his child from the truth, Kiro is only three years old, he doesn't need to hear about any of this. Toji pulls his hands down and Kiro crawls over to Megumi, sitting onto his lap. Kiro doesn't know what happened but he feels like he needs to comfort his mom.

      Kiro grabs Megumi's arm, wrapping it around him. He pats Megumi's arm, satisfied with his comfort skills. "Mom, I want pancakes."

        "You eat too much pancakes, Kiro. You need to eat something else. You can have fries if you want but you need a fruit bowl too." 

       "Okay." Kiro agrees easily, not wanting to upset his mom.

~𝕾𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊~ 

        "Megumi, we already found someone who would be a perfect match. He's mature, has a respectable occupation, and he listens to his mother. She informed us that he is completely in agreement that she can find him a suitable spouse. He doesn't mind that you already have a child, Megumi. She told him about you already and he agreed."

       "Mother, I don't want this." Megumi sighs. He's glad that Kiro is inside the car with the radio on so he won't hear their conversation. "Marriage... I mean, I can't do that."

        "Megumi, do this for Kiro. He might be okay with only you but every child deserves two parents." Sera uses Kiro to her advantage. She only wants what's best for Megumi and knowing that her only child is married to a person who is worthy and of respectable birth will put her at ease.

       "Don't bring Kiro into this." Megumi sighs, again.

       "Megumi, it's true. You always put Kiro first, at least consider meeting him. He's a wonderful young man, Megumi." 

       "Fine, fine. I will consider it. Kiro and I need to go." Megumi gets back into his car before his mother can try to rope him into something else.