Chapter 40

Izuku had to get used to a lot of new realities after having woken up from his suicide attempt. Old man Takada had agreed to let Aizawa adopt him fully. It's going to be the first time since he was four that he's had a parent who actually cared about him. He knew Mr.Takada cares and he'll always be grateful to him for providing him his first safe haven in years. 

There's a difference however between a foster parent and one who choses to adopt you. Izuku felt torn about realizing this after having talked it through with the old man. Izuku realized how wrapped up in his own head he's been. The old man is sick and might not have long to live and he wanted to make sure Izuku was taken care of before he went. The day he left to go live with Aizawa was an emotional one for him. He even found himself hugging Mr.Takada in saying goodbye. The old man knew what a big deal it was since normally Izuku would flinch at any kind of touch outside of training.

Something else Izuku doesn't think he'll get used to easily is that his new father is actually pro hero Eraserhead. Granted he's an underground hero who's identity isn't as widespread as normal heroes but still. He felt a bit silly for mistaking him for a hobo so many times, however since waking up Izuku has developed a bit of a sense of humor and loved to tease Aizawa. Thus Hobo-dad was born. Always earning a grumble and complaint from him but Izuku heard the smile in Aizawa's voice every time.

Aizawa lived in an apartment just big enough for him and according to him only three cats. Midnight, Shadow and Jinx. There were however close to seven or twelve cats around at any given time. Izuku had taken the spare bedroom which is technically now his. This led to a small issue of a heavy set cat following and watching his every move in the room. Izuku didn't mind though. He was rather fond of cats himself. They love you on their terms and not yours something people who didn't like cats never seem to understand. He was of the opinion that people who don't like cats have trouble with the concept of consent and are to be wary of.

More pressing of an issue the fact that he keeps using his replicated variation of telekinesis without thinking about it. Without even realizing it he'd be hovering instead of walking or just thinking about something he wants and it would be coming towards him in the air. Using it came as easy as breathing and just as automatously as it too. At home it wasn't an issue but out in public he could be fined or arrested for using his quirk without a license. 

Izuku still chuckles at how absurd the reversal is. Just a week before he jumped it felt like he had to be careful of people who hate the quirkless. Now he has to worry about the same thing as everyone else. Getting fined for quirk activation without a hero license. It was odd how becoming different meant he was now normal in society's eyes.

That also meant that now he has a chance at the entrance exam for U.A in the hero course. Before he wasn't sure if he was going to even try for the hero course. Now however it was beyond possible with a quirk that isn't just passively active. It almost seemed a waste to not try. That being the case he only had a week left before the actual exams take place. Normally he'd be so nervous he would make himself sick. 

Izuku remembers having a weird dream before he woke up but what it entailed he cant remember, but since having woken up it's almost like he has a small bit of hope for the future again. Something he was sure died ages ago, something he thought the world had beaten out of him.

He also found out Aizawa is a teacher at U.A during the day so a portion of nerves disappeared. He didn't expect his father to help him at all but the knowledge of a familiar face being around certainly helps. That and he's been studying and training like crazy. Most days Aizawa has to threaten to use his scarf on Izuku before he relents for the day. 

Aizawa had also taken away another worry Izuku had after he woke up. Izuku had to take an all encompassing exam at his middle school and then he graduated privately so he wouldn't have to face Bakugo or his thugs. He passed well above average much to the annoyance of his snarky homeroom teacher.